Sign in to follow this  
Guest hazop

FU3 UKS Airport names

Guest hazop

Hi all,I have now been flying around seattle, sanfran as well england and wales (shame no scotland:-) ) for a while now and gaining proficiency at flying the simulator and making landings instead of my usual smash into ground style. I am very happy with such a great game and super addons made by all you guys.I have a question. In the UKS version the AI traffic control still speaks as if it is in the seattle/sanfrn version. That i dont mind but all the airport options etc that come up on select vectors direct to.... are also in the seattle version. How do i know which airport say seatac international is in the uk version i think its heathrow.Can someone direct me to a list of airports in UKS with their names in the AI as i find it very confusing.Also when i select vectors ILS... i get no further options but soem of the airports to have ILS do they not how do i tell Air traffic control where i would like to go to?Thanks for your continued assistance as alwaysJohn

Guest R_Driscoll

We needed to redo the sound files. Dave did some of them, but we never got around to doing the rest. So at the moment names have been allocated from the Seattle set. I have got a list at home, so I'll try to bring it in and let you know how it works. I have never worked with the sound files and don't know how to fix this. Robert.

Guest hazop

Robert,That would be a great help. I am not too worried about the sound files although would be super to get them to correspond too. I guess it depends if speech is computer generated or prerecorded files. Got to believe its the former with all the possible variations and if that is the case should theoretically be possible?? I am still struggling a bit to become familiar with the way the software actually runs. I am hoping this summer to become more familiar with it and maybe start producing planes and landscape features etc. FU3 is slowly taking over the small space between work and sleep!CheersJohn

As far as I know the sounds are pre-recorded but they come in segments that can be combined. New regions would need new recordings to get it all right. I know that some clever designers have created new aircraft calls to match new addon aircraft. This has been accomplished by combining syllables from the original recordings. It would seem to be easier to make some new recordings but the thing is that the new aircraft names should fit the existing voices. But then, since a region as the UK hardly needs American voices in the first place it should all be re-recorded. When the new Switzerland becomes available we should certainly get some new voices as well as new airport names :-)