Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ben Clark

Live Flight Map

Hello Steffen.i have read the news, and we all hope for new addons challenges for the FU3.You are the expert doing this.It is a lot of work, but, it is all your imagination.Maybe I can save some new ideas.Best regards.Lars Peter.:-wave

Guest Ben Clark

Hi, I found a memory location for gear status:00668A51As i suspected, it doesnt work for all aircraft.. seems to work fine with all the smaller aircraft i tried... but not the big ones like the 747.If you want me to write a program that will write this data to a text file continuously.. let me know how you want it to behave and i'll give it a shot.Ben

Guest Steffen

Hi Ben,that's great news! How the program should behave? Brave! :-)It should be sufficient to write a 0 for gear up and a 1 for gear down into a file "gearstatus.txt". If one could specify the directory in which this file is created uppon startup of the program, that would be nice (and optional).I'm hunting for the flaps data as well - my wishlist there would be similar: Write the current flap degree (0, 10, 45...) into a file "flapstatus.txt".Blue Skies from an excitedSteffen

This polynomial set is not easy to use. It will depend of the map size and map projection used. A safe way is to user UTM directly, it's linear and you have just to compute the value from the aaaa point of the region.cfgTo do so you must user a map picture tranformed to utm after this it's just a scale and offset computation.you can create such a map using 3dem seewww.visualizationsoftware.com/3dem.htmlyou can transform map projection with this tool. I have used it to create the first 2 UK elevation models, before the last and good one using NASA SRTM_V2.this is a first trial picture of the UTM transformed map using SRTM data as input (.hgt) http://www.agtim.ch/fu3/images/seattleUTM.jpg :-wave agtim

Hi Folks,Not sure what happened to this project Ben was working on. I guess went into a tail spin. :-violin Interesting idea tho.Does anyone (Andre?) know of a way of extracting current position, height etc from FU? I've had a bit of a look at the black box recordings, but must confess the output is a bit ah.... meaningless. To me at least.Andre, do you know what form FU keeps it's inflight data in? i.e. would lat/long/heading etc be kept in double floating point or something? Also is lat/long kept as absolute ddd mmm.sss or UTM? Perhaps UTM offset from region origin?Thanks for any advice.Cheers,Bruce H:-wave

Hi Bruce,The Live Flight Map was a good idea, however the data was wrong for the German version of FU3. You can get the current location using FU3 scripts. I have use this to define new legs for the AI over Switzerland.Here is the mentioned zip from above, good luck.:-waveAndre