Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

FU2 no longer available

I have just been told by Sold Out Software that Flight Unlimited 2 is out of stock, and no more copies will be available in the future :-(

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

If we are to consider it as abandonware would Looking Glass, Electronic Arts (or anyone else) mind if we share it? Needless to say, there will hardly be a lot of requests from people who haven't owned FU2 / FU3 in the past but no oldtimer should be hampered by a scratched CD in case he wants his SanFran back :-)My own copy is in pristine condition but I've backed it up anyway, basically for practical reasons. My entire Seattle/SanFran installation with all tweaks and addons has been burned on a DVD. It makes reinstallations easier since I won't have to start from scratch when I want to transfer it to a new PC.

Hmm..Computer tec. and software goes foreward, but I want to save the most perfect software om my computers as long as possible.I regret to see FU2 no longer available.I also have several original copies of FU2-3 in my house from both Electronic arts and the (Eidos campany.,fu2).We do not know what will happend to flightsims under the new Windows Vista system for the next years, but I hope someone will make a new flightsim, somewhat like the consept of the FU series.That would be brilliant, and the idea would also take the flightsimmers into a new world.(the old idea from L.G. to have a lot of fun).Take care.Lars Peter.:-wave

By the way, I was also informed that Sold Out Software have shifted approximately 55,000 copies of FU3 to date. They didn't have the latest data for FU2, but they had sold around 150,000 way back in 2003 !

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Time is running & FU2 is 10 years old almost. I was watching the SFO area in Google maps and I could observe some changes in this area since FU2 was created.New photosceneries are created for FS with more recent photos.B.Adamski

Yeah, it's just a shame that everything about FS is clunky and awkward, and that the planes are nowhere near as enjoyable to fly.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png