Sign in to follow this  
Roger Over

Isn't it interesting?

Hi Folks,Yep, still here but haven't been able to do much on the FU front lately. I'm aware I have a few things to finish off.. thanks for your patience.Reading through the posts lately I couldn't help but think how many folks have "come back" to FU after a brief rendezvous with other flight sims. I guess that says something about FU and about the other sims.PS I don't want to start WWIII here, just an observation...Cheers:-wave Bruce H

Guest VFR_Steve

Yep and I'm one of them, all this eye candy stuff just gets boring after a while - but flying in a venerable ever changing medium of air, as you expect the unexpected, watching the dark rain clouds close in on you whilst performing a circuit at your local airfield... is quite something... and quite FU3.Sometimes when I watch a thunderstorm (real life)... I am reminded by FU3 every time

Guest fu3

Bruce,I know what you mean. There are a few familiar names popping up again - good to see. Unfortunately in my case, having to travel a lot recently, I'm finding hard to WANT to sit at the PC for any length of time - even though FU3 beckons constantly ;-) It always takes a couple of weeks to adjust after.Speaking about interesting, the weirdest part about Asia is the food. My hosts were over the moon when they found these critters, but I never quite came to terms with them. http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/174021.jpgFolks, when I see bugs, a sign inside my head says "reach for the bug spray". :-lolRegards,Jon Point

Jon,Look yummy :-erks They appear to be large cockroaches or elephant beetles or a mixture of the two. Probably good done in a big thick batter.You'd need a lot of them to equivalent a nice grain-fed rump though..CheersBruce H

Guest fu3

Bruce,They're actually water skimmers - kinda like those 'water boatmen' we used to see in creeks as kids - but these ones look like they got too close to a nuclear facility. They're about 1.5" long. If it's any consolation, they're not served whole...At least I recognised what they looked like - I have no idea what THESE were 'coz they didn't stop moving long enough to see them. The water literally 'boiled' with 'em! http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/174034.jpgAT 88 Yuan, that's about AUD$15 per serve (or 10% of the average monthly salary)- only the Australian lobsters were more expensive...:-erksRegards,Jon Point