Sign in to follow this  
Guest mad grover

noob library listins

Guest mad grover

hi this is my library

Hi Mad Grover,First link was broken and second one was ok but both zips are empty.try again :-)cheers Andre

Your Zip is still empty :-(How is your zip on your computer ?you must see files inside, use the check function.Do you know how to create a zip archive and how to handle it ?may be your zip is too large (>100K) and not loaded by the forum software.cheers, agtim

Guest fu3

Mad Grover,Besides the fact that we cannot open your zip, are you posting it to the library correctly? You have to follow all the steps or it doesn't work.Also, it is customary to discuss your uploads beforehand (to make sure that you're not reposting something AND to make sure it won't conflict with others' files) or at least explain what you are uploading and why.If you have something new to share, a few words will tell if people are interested or not. I don't mean to sound heavy about this but I have uploaded over 400 models to the library and if you duplicate ONE filename, it'll kill entire packages. Likewise, if you create new airports, you have to ensure that you haven't used the wrong frequencies or that the AI doesn't crash :-eekRegards,Jon Point

Guest mad grover

ok so ive not been on this forum long but ive checked that there are no duplicated files coz ive downloaded the seattle 2005 pack.also i think i know how to get my zips to work so ive got some small updates in as well ( you lucky things ) any more requests chuck em in coz im a fu3 junkie so im on this site almost every day.my files are herehttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/175913.zipenjoy (hopefully, ive got my fingers crossed!)mad grover

Guest fu3

Yay! It works :-jumpyI wasn't having a go at you, I just thought you might like to tell people what it is all about! Where they are, what interesting features etc.We all like surprises, but there are some easter eggs we avoid. You mention the Seattle 2005 pack. Few of us with OT add-ons can run the entire Seattle pack without removing some airports. Just because it works with Seattle 2005 doesn't mean it will work with OT or other's add-ons. I know, I did the models for the Seattle AND Sanfran packs and I had to do a lot of testing! It certainly conflicts with my combination of airports and packages and I would have to remove a lot of stuff to make Seattle 2005 work 100%. Which airports have you removed?And yes, its good that you got the zips to work but they should be in the library as files attached to this thread will disappear in a few weeks. If it's in the library, it'll be accessible for a long time.I don't mean to harp :-rollPS I assume these airports work with the old elevation, not the new?Regards,Jon Point

Guest mad grover

ok im alright and i thought it was more of a lecture!i havent deleted any airports whatsoever so im quite sure about this and im about to change the readme in the pack to explain it all finally i dont have a clue what you mean about elavation so can you explain the punchline to me bit by bit, im only 14 and i got the vocab of a jungle monkey from #### so i dont get it when my english teacher isnt speaking french!and thanks for the reply to the san fran pack postregardsmad grover

Hi Mad Grover,Congrats Grover Airlines is a big job :-)It is working on the new elevation. There is a lot of AI traffic there, even without entries into AIPLAN.TXT !!!after unzip the files to the package folder you must move the content of folder Grovesland to Seattle or rename Grovesland to Seattle.before start of fu3 move 2 airport away from the package folder to a tempPackage folder or FU3 will crash due to too many airports. I have removed the 2 packsCoupeville AirparkGreen ValleyAfter this FU3 was running well with the new Grove Package.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/175929.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/175930.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/175931.jpgThanks for contribution :-):-wave agtim

Guest fu3

Ah hah! I knew that airport removal would be reqired...Sorry for my direct approach there - you may guess that my family was French too :-rollThe "new elevation" is the new SRTM stuff that Andre put us onto. He has tested your package and he says it works OK with the new elevation. I just assumed that you must have it! I have done a lot of work, flattening airports, re-placing models on the ground etc. I have so far concentrated on backcountry strips and lakes ,coz that's 'Mon petit morceau de terre' ;)PS Votre Anglais est meilleur que mon Fran

Guest mad grover

in my latest readme you have to create a new reigion called grovesland (as instructed) after that you can delete the airports from one reigion but still use them on the other reigion, genious!ps. is that you flying the lga or did you just watch another taxi out?regardsmad grover

Andre,You really should be using Ansgar's High Detail AI Pack by now. That ugly 757 has been replaced by a magnificent looking A320 :-)

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png