Sign in to follow this  
Guest juvat2

DR1

Guest juvat2

Just a shot of a DR1 re-paint. JimB

Guest fu3

Nice one, Jim ;)Yes, the AN-2 is rather grand - I already sent all my AN-2 info to Andre.Andre,Looking good! :-wave Regards,Jon Point

Guest fu3

There's that toenail polish again!So, Andre, how about a shot of the pilot :-lolPS I need to get CH0b & c again, even though I eventually got them, now I've tried moving them into the (newly enlarged) partition, the system says they're damaged :-( If you remember, I had trouble downloading some and resorted to letting Winzip handle it. As such, I don't have the original zips either. The rest seem fine. I think... I will check again tonight before you resend anything!Regardless, I had a nice flight to Interlaken last night, descending through the pass to the South-West at -2500fpm. There was so much updraft, I had the flaps UP 2 notches and the aircraft pointed almost straight down. My descent IAS was only 90kts :-eekRegards,Jon Point

Guest juvat2

Hi,Will I need Prop Editor to change the DR1 prop color? I've looked in our library, and looked in the pinned post's. Also went to other web sites, and have failed to locate it. Downloaded other Flt3 tools files hoping it would be bundled with-in. Could you guys point me to where I can d/l the tool please?Thank you tons,JimB

Guest fu3

Jim,It's disappeared!I'll send you a copy when I get home tonight. Gotta go, flight's callin' :-waveRegards,Jon Point

Guest fu3

Phew! That WAS quick :-rollPlease find attached one zip including proped.exe ;)Regards,Jon Point

Guest fu3

Jim,Send me your email and I'll send you all the tools I got! Just in case...Some years ago I put together a collection and posted it but didn't include everything, maybe I should..?Here's the basic 'tools' folder. This doesn't include all of the bigger installs (resviewer, CPD etc), just the command-line and basic stuff (including proped.exe). Is it worthwhile posting? I don't really want to have to do tutorials on them all though! Anybody else want these?http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/177829.jpg:-waveRegards,Jon Point

Guest juvat2

Hi Jon,Looking at your list of tools, PropEd may have been the only tool I was lacking. Thank you very much for the upload.I think it would be nice to have all the "little" tools available in one convenient package.Thank you again for the proped,JimB

Guest juvat2

Well drat,I can't figure out how to get at a prop file. I had thought it would simple as finding and extracting the file within the res via ResViewer, or maybe opening the plnpile/res with PropEd and it knew somehow the location of the prop file. I searched again here at the forum hoping I could glean usage info from John and Hans' post on the same subject, but no info on locating/extracting the prop file from the plnpile/res.My long winded way of begging for a itzy-bitzy tut' on proped.;( JimBjbuff61173 at msn dot com

Hi Jim,as I remember Proped will modify the plane res directly.Gideon did not find the time to include it in the resviewer but at the end of his activity for FU3 he uploaded all source files including resviewer with a partwise included proped :-)You need C++ and MS Visual Studio to open the source organised as a large project with subproject with all his tools.I have tried to continue the work, but still starting and nothing finished. It's a very usefull documentation of the file structure also.see http://gpdev.net/Downloads.htmlgood luck:-wave Andre

Guest fu3

Jim,You just need Resviewer to extract the file. It is a 180 byte hexfile common to all aircraft (yes, the Beechjet and 747 have them too!) but resides in different places, depending on the actual aircraft. In the Fokker, the file is resource #2056 , located at file 87. Extract the file using Resviewer (export/original format), then make a copy. http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/177861.jpgProped doesn't allow "save as", so always work from a copy. http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/177862.jpgOpen the copy in Proped and edit away. When you're finished, save it and use Resviewer to import it back into the aircraft resfile.And no, I'm not building a DR-1 - I just named the folders that way for clarity.:-waveRegards,Jon Point

Guest juvat2

Thank you fellas very much,I started usage right away and thought I'd post my notes.First though, How did you gurus know which resource number is for the props?My observation on Prop Editor tool usage:(I suspect