Sign in to follow this  
Macflyer

Calling FAA.....hit by car on runway.....

I've heard before of cars and cows in FU3. And I'm not spending too much time flying with it, but now it happened to me.While on final vor runway 19 at Bremerton, everthing seemed to be fine. A smooth approach in the Renegade, vis greater than 5 miles.I was about to touchdown, when all of a sudden an airport vehicle came into scene from the left crossing number 19.The only solution would have been to put in power and pull back immed., and only then plus a double portion of luck could have prevented the loss of my left wing.The margin of taking the decision was maybe around a second. I failed to react, cauz in all years of simming that incident was a first timer, so I thought I would be safe at least in the simulator.While I do blame this reckless a@(#)! I also have to blame myself for being too slow.So, this incident was something I call the most realistic enviroment experience in any sim, since I can imagine you run into these kind of adventures out there in the wild of real world aviation.Hats off for FU3, having taught me a lesson to be alerted while in the cockpit, all the time. Even in simming.

Guest fu3

I love these little gems, but then I have been clobbered by a few of my own too. I mean, WHO put that cow there? http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/177830.jpgNot that I can blame my bad driving on, well oh yes, myself :-lolThe worst problem I've ever had is when you select Quick Flight and start on the runway. Before you can hit full throttle and drop the brakes, an incoming AI clobbers you. Even in gliders! This often results in parts of the aircraft being ejected at great speed :-eekBlanik cockpit playing ICBM following a 'runway incursion' at Harvey:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/177831.jpgWhether flyin' or tinkerin', FU3's still a hoot :-waveRegards,Jon Point

Guest juvat2

I've been "hold short" on an active while towing an engine or aircraft to/from the suppressor/trim pad. After a bit Ground Control would give us the "clear to cross the active". All us guys knew to keep our eye-balls up 'cause sometimes there'd be a jet/s on final. All good guys them controllers, but sometimes they could really ****isss a fella off.JimB

I removed those cars for my Seattle 2005 pack. I don't mind seeing animated vehicles on the roads, but crossing the runway when a plane is landing is rather silly.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png