Sign in to follow this  
agtim

AN-2 on the way, first as static model

Hello Tom,Thanks for your offer, I need more info to1. automatic leading edge slats2. drooping aileronsfirst from the visual point of view, how they move...later I will have to try to put them into the flight model - if feasible.RegardsAndr

Guest fu3

Andre/Tom,Is this 'Thomas F'?The automatic leading edge slats may be hard to automate, but leading edges and drooped ailerons are possible. One can have multiple flap and aileron parts by splitting the wings into parts and applying them separately. The only drawback is that all flaps operate together. I got around that in the DHC-6 by 'compounding' 2 sets of flaps so that the inner flaps had twice the throw of the outer ones (the ones that the ailerons are attached to...).The S6 has flaperons which I 'cheated' with. In the 3D model, the ailerons are compounded but in the flight model, there are only the main flaps, extended out to end of the ailerons. So, in short, we certainly should be able to get it pretty close ;)Regards,Jon Point

Guest The Sim

Hello Jon,Yes, this is Thomas F.I have been silent for a long time, but not absent i.e. I kept reading the FU3 forum.Agtim, in a sense, reactivated me by showing pictures of his AN-2 in the makings. This great aircraft is just too close to my heart. I simply could not remain silent anymore.Best regards,Thomas F.

Guest fu3

Thomas,Great to hear from you ;)I have already sent Andre the information that you sent to me a while ago. I am very keen to see the An-2 in the FU3 skies!:-waveRegards,Jon Point

Guest fu3 kid

a few q's 1) what r u usin to make the plane?2) where did u get it?3) did it cost any money?4) could it be sent to someone else? eg. copyright ©5) if yes can you pls send it to me coz ive been w8in ages to make a new plane but couldnt find anyfin?just noticed this post, sorry if im behind it all but i hope u reply to me.thanksfu3 kid AKA mad grover (my account dissapeared!?!?!?!?!)

Guest fu3

I think Andre uses Gmax. I use Anim8or. It's free and you can get it here:http://www.anim8or.com/download/animv095b.zipManual:http://www.anim8or.com/download/animv095dPDF.zipThis will give you the ability to export a 3DS file, which can then be further processed before inclusion into an FU3 resfile.Here's a preview of one of my babies in Anim8or:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/179161.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/179162.jpgI use Anim8or for all my FLED model as well :-waveRegards,Jon Point

Guest fu3 kid

thanks!w8 till u see what i wanna make!itll b all futuristic and itl brobally be complete rubbish but well c how it goes!thanks agenfu3 kid

Guest fu3 kid

ok i give up ive looked at the manual but its all just gone over my head im still trying to work it but ill need a miracle