Sign in to follow this  
Guest jcomm

FU95, new hardware and VDMSound...

Guest jcomm

Anyone around here with Saitek X.52 and CH Propedals USB, running VDMSound (or a similar software) to allow for proper identification of the hardware by FU95?I am able to run fu95 on WinXP, but the joystick and pedals are not recognized, so, I used VDMSound, which used to be bullet proof, but something is lacking on it's configuration.Help appreciated!!!

Guest jcomm

Well,the solution for this problem of mine was radical - I simply swapped my USB CH Propedals for al old Gameport set, reinstalled my good old CH Flightstick Pro, wipped my disk of any MSFS junk, and now I feel like moving opposite to the tide...When fellow simmers strive to get that additional elephant or car moving on FSX, pay thousands for PC upgrades to get a miserable 24fps, use the fanciest hardware available, I am finding the most rewarding joy with FU95, FU2 and FU3, together with PS1 and Condor Soaring. :-)

Guest fu3

JC,I haven't had MSFS loaded for months ;)In fact, I removed it to make way for another version of FU3 :-roll - I have 6 with different regions and features (like nightlights you could see from the dark side of the moon...) that I'm working on. I also keep a 'virgin' copy for testing, just in case the CTDs I experience aren't mine!I still find FU3 rewarding, from both a flying and tinkering perspective ;)And you CAN have cars in FU3 - and I DO drive sometimes...http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/178943.jpgWell, :-lolRegards,Jon Point

Guest jcomm

Jon,thx for reminding me...Contrarily to MSFS (any version until FSX) I never threw the FU, FU2 and FU3 boxes to the recycle bin... I am now preparing to re-install fu3, get the last update which I believe is available here at avsim, and possibly a few add-on aircraft and scenery :-)

Guest fu3

JC,Good to hear. I unfortunately lost my FU1 many years ago (ex-girlfriends and flight sims don't mix) but as you can probably tell, I've never really left FU 2&3 ;)Last plane was the Staggerwing, currently doing a Stemme S6 which should be out soon. Also toying with models, night lighting and airport flattening but that last one's slow work :-lolRegards,Jon Point