Sign in to follow this  
Guest rbbr

I Have the user manual for FU 3

Guest rbbr

Hi Guys,I found (Horay and more horay!) my user manual for Flight Unlimited III in the bottom of a box I had in storage.I know that lots of you want a copy of this user manual and I am happy to provide it as a PDF. Is this legal since the company has gone out of business years ago or is the copyright still in force?

Guest fu3

The copyright is still in force but I wouldn't worry about it. Unless you were making a profit from it, I cannot imagine anyone taking legal action. You aren't copying the program, you are merely giving copies of the manual to other existing program owners. If anything, you are encouraging further use of the software. Just don't alter anything ;)I PDF'd mine many years ago but the graphics were downsampled so much, you could barely make out the diagrams and photos :-(You may choose to simply email it, rather than post it in the library. That's what I do when I'm unsure. Sometimes my models and beta planes have textures etc that I haven't pinned-down so I just email them to folks instead. If EA wanted blood, they could have had plenty years ago with all the reverse-engineering that happened to FU3. For my part, I always seek permission where possible, although in this case it is hardly warranted. Either way, I'd love a good PDF of the manual...jonathanpointgmailcom:-waveRegards,Jon Point

Guest diederik

Can you send me a copy?Thanks in advancedbergenhetnetnl

Guest fu3

Bogdan,About 6MB. I've sent you a copy (hope it'll fit into your inbox...).:-waveRegards,Jon Point

Guest rbbr

Hi Jon,I am glad you received my copy. Was a bit concerned cause you did not reply. It seems they wont allow me to post it to the library.ThanksRedBull

Guest fu3

Sorry Stewart ;)I had plumb forgot about it. I got the email and saved the file, but hadn't even looked at it until the other night, when I needed to refresh on Black Box operation. I'd plumb forgot about that as well :-rollSince getting the S6 out of the way, I'm finally catching up on things. Thanks for sending it ;)Dunno why the library won't accept it - you did put it into a zipfile? You need a textfile in there with the PDF to explain what it is about.:-waveRegards,Jon Point