Sign in to follow this  
agtim

AN-2 Testflights

Guest R_Driscoll

Looks solid. And for the airport below, classy graphics and runway texturing - looks good Andre.

Guest CaptRolo

I agree Looks photorealistic! I saw one land at an airshow and it seems like it want's to fly forever ,gently floating down ,She's a beauty allright.CaptRolo

Guest fu3

Looks great Andre :-waveAre you doing the internal views from right-seat? In the S6, I've put the panel pretty-well central now, instead of offset. This is also because I have an idea of the real panel now, although it is still in prototype stage. Makes the forward view more balanced IMO.Still haven't done anything about the side views yet, and I probably won't. The S10's are close enough without reinventing anything.PS Did you know that the artificial horizon can be combined with a compass and slip indicator? Anything else there causes a CTD. I've set up a rudimentary EFIS in the S6 with a compass strip along the top ;) Of course, I'm not suggesting that the AN-2 needs an EFIS :-lolNot with all those views! Regards,Jon Point

Guest fu3

BTW, Hello Rob ;)Long time no C(++):-waveRegards,Jon Point

Hi all and thanks for encouragement :-) need it !How to put all that on 800x600 :-hmmm http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/178772.jpgThis is the real final view -easy but no instrument view.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/178774.jpgwell trying this view and hope to see the runway in the finalJon there is a strange behavier of the NAVLight-switch, turning into a prop knob, even using the same picture for all 3 switches - :-hmmmhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/178773.jpgand yes I have done the internal views from the right seat - it was my seat during the short real flight... and the left seat is still used by the teacher ;-)http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/178775.jpg:-wave Andre

Guest fu3

Andre,Yes, the engine knobs behave very badly ;)I cannot remember right now what it was but I'll have a look tonight. I remember that one knob didn't scale properly and also one must avoid transparent (i.e. green) areas or the knobs blow-up to full screen :-lolAlso, the nav lights switch doesn't always work - it doesn't work properly in the S6 - niether do the landing lights :-( I assume that this is because the S10 resfile never had them, even though CPD allows you to add them.I would also recommend starting with a fresh unmodified resfile, although the D17 appears to work OK. I recently ran into problems with the S6 (couldn't place an HSI), so I had to go back to a fresh S10VT resfile and start again. I think CPD doesn't support things 100%. I can send the build files, flight model etc if you need anything - I have some cockpit instrument bitmaps that may be useful too.Alternatively, send me the AN-2 resfile and I'll have a look ;)Regards,Jon Point

Jon,This was just a test with the switches to see the light of the 3D model and check if they can be switched on and off. I will choose a original LG base model to start, but must first have to compare the flight model data. Flight model and cockpit buttons are connected and must match. I know that from my Hawker Hunter work even not finished :-).The final version of the AN-2 will use the left seat for the player.I have just to flip and exchange the left/right views.:-wave Andre

Hi Robert, long time since the last post ;-), nice to read you again.:-waveAndre

Now I have a rear cockpit view also included, but it's a bad one.During my short flight I have forgotten to take a picture of the rear interior part. Is there anybody that has a better AN-2 rear interior picture ? Thanks. http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/179126.jpg:-waveAndre

Guest fu3

Looks desolate (and cold) in there :-lolI'll try scouring the web from here ;)Regards,Jon Point

Guest fu3

Andre,No worries ;)BTW, I have been thinking about this, the "Nav lights switch" uses 3 bitmaps (off, on but not lit, on and lit). The reason for the engine knob appearing is that it was simply the next bitmap in the resfile, after the switch. You may notice in some aircraft, there are 3 or 4 switches together in the resfile to get around this.Use the "recognition lights switch" for nav lights instead - internally, it is hard-wired to the nav switch anyway ;)Look at the S6 I sent to you for more details. You should extract the toggles I did for the S6 and use them in the AN-2 for those huge rows of switches on the panel :-waveRegards,Jon Point

Thanks Jon, I assumed just 2 bitmap on and off and the next one is your green button. There are much more switches in an AN-2 than we can implement :-):-waveAndre