Sign in to follow this  
Guest colsie12

Instaling in FU3

Guest colsie12

Hi all my fs9 recently got corrupted and I dont want too buy a new one so I remembered that FU3 was away collecting dust on a shelf and I am amazed too say it is the best 'downgrade' I have ever made. INfact it is more of an upgrade than a down grade. It rekindled my love for the beechjet that was my fav aircraft (in flight sim world).Anyway too the point I have some add-ons and I would like too have them installed but dont know how I follow the help files and they dont help. I put the plane into the plnpile bit. So please help me.Another thing, off topic for a few secs. I am thinking of starting a FU3 virtual Airline but would love peoples help in ideas for what too use where flights should be arranged too etc etc. And I really need a code for reporting back too a server written is I was todo this so does anyone know of a code I could use. And (sorry about the ands) I here there is UK scenery where can I get it and if its not downloadable may I say if it is freeware upload the entire .ziped package too the file cafe who have no restriction then copy and paste the URL for us. Please.And how can I design scenery away from sanfran and seattle its really boreing useing FLED that wont even work for me.So please go on if you can help me please do. Im never going back to micrsoft again. It may have been the one fault I have been dieing for.

Guest colsie12

No help about please seriously stuck.

Guest fu3

Um er,Lotsa questions ;)Installing packages and addons just has to be done by following the included readme files. All addons are different and some just get copied across, whilst some require removal or backup of existing stuff. Aircraft are simple - just extract the resfile (*.res) and copy it to the PLNPILE folder.Packages go in the PACKAGES folder (which you have to add if you don't have one yet). Many packages require models (*.bin, *.mip) to be copied to the relevant GEN folder. GEN folders exist in each region (outer terrain uses the Seattle set). Some packages require you to delete existing files, including airports.Regions are a whole different thing and if you want to do something new, you must look at Agtim's various tools and site for information. If you post for info on UKS, include an email address and someone will (hopefully) get back to you.As you can see, there are a lot of different methods and exactly which one depends upon the addon.Just remember, everything here on Avsim is zipped, so you must extract it first, then follow the instructions.BTW, don't get carried away adding airports (or airport packages), unless you're prepared to delete a few. The maximum limit is 75.PS Split individual questions into separate posts - makes it easier for folks to answer them ;)Regards,Jon Point

Guest colsie12

Hmm I did not relise so much was required too install into FU well now too learn the main add-on is a Dash8 which wont appear once it has been copied into plnpile (the .res file one anyway). There is a BA livery included this is where I get stuck I use resviewer too do it as it says but what is it I do after taht I am sorry that it is brief I really dont know how too explain it.