Sign in to follow this  
Guest colsie12

FU3 Virtual Airline

Guest colsie12

HI too us all. IN my time I have started a few MFS Virtual Airlines but have never found any FU3 ones. I am wondering if nayone here would like too join one and give me there full ideas on what they would like too see in one. I am deviseing a way of haveing us our own 'vatsim' like network no teamspeak or a 24 hours 7days a week 365 days a year multiplayer server.I Have an idea and name for it Washington State Virtual Airlines, or is that too long a title. I could call it South USA airlines. The most difficult part is painters as I cant seem too find any who do FU3 anymore they have mostly went too FS as more people will us there work there.I would probably have the fleet as listed below:Beechjet 400A (in its current livery for privateair flights)Boeing737-300 or the A320And many light trainersThe lake renegade or equivalint.And thats about it at the moment. I would also have too get codeing too allow me too set up an acars system I am unfamiliar with FU3's codeing so anyone who could make one please say and do.And could you also tell me if this is unrealistic wanting too start a VA useing FU3. The routes would be limited sadly.I have not decided on a proposed scheduele until I have support from at least 5 people who will defienetly join. So come on help start FU3's first VA (solely FU3's first VA not shared with other flight sims)Im sorry thsi is a lot of questions but setting up a VA is not easy. We will use a free .tk or .co.nr address and a free server which I think is the easiest thing todo. If someone is willin too ;give' a .com address as a donation or a pay server then I would welcome that.

Guest fu3 kid

ye ppl r interested!i dnt get wat u mean by a VA is it like u make challenges or sumthin?plus u get dem planes with the gamereply swnfu3 kid

Guest Staggerwing

Just stopping by FU forum to see how things are going here...

Repaints are always possible. However, a virtual airline will tend to involve multiplayer capability. That is, you fly with other participants and see their aircraft as active AI aircraft by means of positions being shared through the internet.If true multiplay can't be accomplished there's the option of each one flying assigned legs on his own computer and report to the other members in a forum.

Guest colsie12

Ok too our new member FUKID welcome too FU. Since I take it you are new too the simulation aviationscene a VA is a virtual airline. This basically is you fly under a pretend or real airline fly organised routes makeing friends and many other things. What this really means is organisation the possibility too be trained etc. And it gets you more familliar with aircraft.And as for the internet flying that is my friends the difficult part in FU3 as LG did not produce one single thing too fly online so it would be me e-mailing a few people useing my contacts etc too get a program written. What I woudl really need is a program too report you flights bakc too a server. I am going too speak to VAFINANCIALS and see if they can come up with anything. I am not very good at writeing source code or programs for FU3 yet.Now off topic I have begun writeing the airlienrs handbook a typed book which I will upload in about a years time and it will contian most modern aircrfat for refrence with good details im currently researching. If you want a speceific aircrfat you think wont be mentioned post it here or PM me. Also any info you can provide about any aircraft is greatly appreciated.

Guest colsie12

I have now contacted Gideon Pertosov. About multiplayer software and a reporting software hopefully I will get a response in a couple of days. I will keep us posted when he does if he does. I think he will though.

Hello.Looking Glass Studios did not made the FUseries as a multiplayer simulator initialy, if so, more programming of the game has to be made to make this happend.However an old V.A. was made both for the FU2 and FU3 series, and many people was involved into this very good VA during the 1990's.The place is still sort of "active", and the adress is:http://www.pierglass.com/Lars Peter.

Guest colsie12

Yeah I have been looking into there 'multilpayer' I dont know about it the server is never up. I am useing the all knowing google now and have asked a few FU people if they can write code for it. And a code as well for piltos too fly in the background too send me there hours.

Guest fu3

Good to see a bit of action happenin' ;)I don't know about multiplayer, but assignment-based VAs have been around a while and are great 'coz you can play them anytime. I'm never online at the same times anyway!If you want to get/do repaints, I can assist, same goes for packages. There are others that are experienced in writing challenges (Steffen?) - when you put interesting packages together with challenges, its a heap of fun. Or trouble ;)Regards,Jon Point

Guest colsie12

Yep thanks. I never thought of writing packages or challenges. BUt im now intriged thats why I would like anyone intrested in doing senior work for the VA too e-mail me at colsie123@rock.com or c.macphie@hotmail.com. Thanks. E-mail me ideas etc as well thanks a lot.

Guest colsie12

HI. I think I know how to do a basic FU3 multiplayer only prob is I dont want too spend money on a team speak server dows anyone know of any free one's I could use. Or does anyone have one which I could use I plan too use procontroller for atc as well and the possibility of editing sqbox 1or2 too allow you too type in the server ip etc. Does anyone know if they can help wiht this.

Guest Ben Clark

a lot of people have tried to do this i believe but they have generally failed. I don't think multiplayer will ever be possible.What would be possible, is to use the challenge system and output the world location, this can then be sent onto an ATC server.so online ATC should be possible, but you wouldn't see all the other planes flying aboutif you can solve the problem of moving objects at run time then I would love to hear about it. my last attempt involved attempting to directly edit memory addresses to move static objects around, which didn't work.all the best,Ben

Guest juvat2

I always liked the Flight Unlimited 3 add-on "Flight DF/x" by DexTech. Real fun to fly. Successful flights earns income towards purchase of fuel and avionics upgrades. Also had an on-line interface where you could see if anyone else was in the DF/x flying world. It was beta up to v03 or 04Sadly Dexter's site is down. dextech.comMy hello's to Dexter if your still around here. :-wave You all take care,JimBhttp://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...ing_type=search

Guest twsimfan

Bush Flying Unlimited started as a FU3 VA. For the 1st several months of it's existance it was hosted right here on this forum until it got so it needed it's own forum(s).Most of the people there now are going to be using FS... that only figures. But I'm sure Peter, Naji, & Allan wont kick you out if you show up using FU3. Heck... they might even let you in using FU2 if you are nice to them. :-lol