Sign in to follow this  
Guest colsie12

Useing Anim8tor

Guest colsie12

Hi all how do i use animator too create aircraft and how do I get it made into a .res file.

Guest fu3 kid

and if possible how do i imort planes into anim8or?that would make things a lot easier

Hi Plane builders :-)I am using a mix of GMax and Anim8or. We can start a tread for a building example here in this forum. My time is limited, so I can just help for about 1 or 2 steps per day.First we have to select a plane, easier if it was in FS98.that means you must have the .mdl file of the MSFS plane.Which plane do you want make ?:-waveAndre

Guest fu3

Anim8or will read 3DS files. You will need to convert to 3DS first. I generally extract MDL files to DXF, then use Crossroads (freeware) to get 3DS. If I have a BIN, I just use "bintoe.exe" to get an efile, then "eto3ds.exe" to get the 3DS file.Where there's a will, there's a way ;)For my last 2 planes, I started entirely from scratch, using drawings and the result was better and much quicker. One can spend too much time cleaning-up other's messes and given the 2000 polygon limit, I have now found it easier. You will learn more however, from pulling other's messes apart :-badteethI have emailed some stuff to you. You need to spend an arvo or so going through it to get some idea of what's required to make aircraft. It used to be done by teams, but I do mine by myself - now I got rid of the training wheels :-lolRegards,Jon Point

Guest fu3 kid

srry but i disabled emails so can u send em again plz?play that info went in 1 ear and out the other so can we slow dawn a bit pls :( :S

Guest fu3

Resent...I would suggest sticking to the 3D model right now. That is the single hardest part to master. It's not hard but I'd suggest playing around with the .an8 files I sent, to see what goes where. Forget the textures or details like moving surfaces, just get into the placing of lines and polygons first. I found Anim8or much easier to learn than 3DS and GMAX, so don't be afraid. If in doubt, you can post your questions here or email Stephen Glanville (creator of Anim8or) direct.Don't worry about questions! I expect that you'd be asking about 10 per day through all of this - I did :-rollIf you can get a 3D model happening, we can help you with texturing it. Then we can help with the other stuff. As I've said somewhere else, just start out with one side of the aircraft - you can mirror the other side when you're happy with it.:-waveRegards,Jon Point

Guest fu3

FYI,This was my first Anim8or project - a GeeBee R2 which started life as an MSFS model (.mdl), converted to DXF then 3DS and imported into Anim8or. http://anim8or.com/gallery/gallery12/geebee.htmlSomeone had already extracted it but it was a mess, so I went back to the .mdl file and started again. Not bad for a first effort I reckon ;)I must have posted 20 questions/day during that time :-lolRegards,Jon Point