Sign in to follow this  
Guest colsie12

Help

Guest colsie12

I need to uninstal then reinstall FU3 but it says somethign is corrupted (I manually installed it just copyied and pasted after auto install failed to work) it installed part of it though and now it wont uninstall. I remember reading in this forum someone who had to use somethign other than FU3's own uninstaller can they tell me what is was and if it is free. I would prefer free software. Thansk if you could help. Oh yeah I am reinstalling after I uninstall. I just need this problem fixed.

Guest fu3

Colsie,If it's trashed, you can't unistall it 'coz Windows won't let you. What you need to do is simply delete the entire folder, then wipe-out the entries in your registry. Now, registry hacking can be deadly stuff BUT if you're careful, it won't bite!Firest delete your FU3 (don't forget backups of installed stuff if you need it).Run Regedit.exe from a command prompt.Collapse any menus and select "My Computer" at the top of the list.Click edit/find.Type in "looking glass" (without the quotes of course) and hit enterdelete any key you find.Hit F3 to search for the next one. Repeat until there are no more.When you are done, repeat the above steps but search for "flight unlimited"Delete all of them too.Once this is done, close Regedit and reboot your PC. Now you should be able to install OK.PS Once you have installed FU3 OK, copy the entire folder to a DVD. At any stage in the future, you NEVER have to install it again, just copy it across to your HD and it will work.PPS Don't do any of this if you aren't an administrator 'coz it won't work. Also, if you're afraid of wrecking something or don't understand what I've said here, please don't try it. BSODs are no fun and a single mistaken registry error can bring the entire PC down ;)Regards,Jon Point

Guest colsie12

Thanks im in two minds if I shoudl or should not do it. I might get a reistry cleaner do they work?

Guest CaptRolo

Yes they work ,I have 4 different registry cleaners Some i paid for and some free ."EUSING registry cleaner 1.5 "is free do a search for it.Another is paid version called "REGVAC" which is really good.Some find things that others won't so I use all of them .Try a reinstall with nothing running in tray or boot into safe mode .CaptRolo

Guest colsie12

Have to wait till monday to reinstall my friend has loaned FU3 from me but im doing registyr clean etc. Till then. Tell you all how it goes. He has borrowed it as he wont believe that it is more fluid and realistic. His judgement I suppose.