Sign in to follow this  
Guest fu3

Stemme S6 crash models uploaded

Guest fu3

"Too bad I'll never get to see this enhancement....":-lolFunny you say that, H-P. I found the job of verifying the crash models to be rather heartbreaking :-( I'm one of those folk that tend to hit at the last moment, or if I'm too disheartened, + . This isn't to keep the logbook free from crashes (I do all my testing in Quick Flight anyhoo), I just don't particularly enjoy crashing.Besides, sometimes it just comes out all wrong. I mean, I defy anyone to successfully land a D17 upside-down on a log:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/180340.jpg:-lolRegards,Jon Point

It seems that we agree on trying to avoid crashes :-) I've always thought that flightsimmers are a different breed than most gamers. The thing is, I have to defend my passion for flightsims all the time. Even my wife thinks it lacks action. You just fly around and then land a plane...don't you have any fighter planes? A lot of people / guests who look for the trigger button get very disappointed when they find that I don't have any. Then they tend to prefer to crash one of my planes rather than trying to land it to be able to achieve a limited amount of "action bonus". Yee ha, listen to that bang and look at that heap of broken parts!As virtual pilot training goes I always find it more rewarding to do everything I can to find a way out. My goal is to land somewhere and if I can't get down in one piece at a specific airport I'll go around, try again or fly somewhere else. Quite a few flights in bad weather have lasted a lot longer than I planned simply because I refuse to quit until I succeed in landing the plane properly.

Guest fu3

H-P,I wouldn't really have a problem if a crash took you straight to the welcome screen!In military sims, a crash halts the sim and platform, and the screens go red with the words "FAILED MISSION" appearing. No crash, no parts flying about, just the instructor chastising the crew for 5 seconds, then back to the mission.I know what you mean about people looking for the trigger button. My step-son simply cannot fly to save himself (but like most teenagers, thinks he's pretty good...), so he just crashes instead. Kinda boring to me :-roll"Quite a few flights in bad weather have lasted a lot longer than I planned simply because I refuse to quit until I succeed in landing the plane properly."Same here. The other night I was on approach to Asplund in iffy weather and it just whited-out about 1 mile from the strip. I flew over it and couldn't see anything, so I turned back and ended-up at Black Diamond. As I taxiied to the parking spot, the fog & rain hit there and I had to taxi in the F1 view as the F8 view was too blurry. Regards,Jon Point