Sign in to follow this  
Guest fu3

Aircraft build info and files

Guest fu3

Hi Folks!As promised, I've uploaded the S6 build files, including utilities, bitmaps, soundfiles, hexfiles etc. There are also a number of textfiles that explain various files and processes. If you wanted to know about the files inside aircraft resfiles, wanted to edit an aircraft's name, livery, callsign or even 3D model, the information and files included may help. http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/180361.jpgIf you want any assistance with any of it, please post here ;):-waveRegards,Jon Point

Thanks Jon, I have still a lot to learn :-):-waveAndre

Guest fu3

Andre,I am more than happy to exchange my knowledge of aircraft with yours of region development :-waveI embarked upon the flattening again last night - what a job! LGS must have had a simpler way of doing it! Took me 4 attempts to get it right (the old extra pixel offset problem). If I could take out that one step, it would speed things up immensly.I don't suppose there would be any point in combining old and new elevation data (i.e. use the old data around airports and the new data everywhere else)? I'd still have to import, but I wouldn't have the trial and error problems I have now. Also, some bush strips are best left as-is (on the old elevation) as they wouldn't be prefectly flat anyway. With the flattening method, I can only create perfectly flat strips :-( This may speed-up the process somewhat, if it is possible. Now that I have done most of the mountain strips, the terrain detail would be less noticed on the plains of Seattle ;)Either way, it's slow...:-waveRegards,Jon Point

Hi Jon,The painting method is the quickest way, difficulty is to locate the airfield area. Paint the area large enough.The next way is using GMax. With the free version you can load 60% of the tile only. So you have to select the corner of the tile. You can better adjust the landscape this way, but its take long.Reimport is not a problem. By the way, LG has used 3DS-Studio (GMax prof.) for the elevation task.They had a never published interface between 3DS and Geos.You can mix old and new by creating the 3D-corner for old and new and loading both in Gmax. Then you have to combine and cut/merge there - not so easy - have never tried it :-):-wave Andre

Guest fu3 kid

can sum1 please explain the moving parts bit on anim8or?im making a :-luke :-luke :-luke :-luke star wars :-luke :-luke :-luke :-luke series of planes but im just about to start making the base model.and also can someone explain if crashing is a "moving part"?and also, is there a wat to make the jets of the engine only appear when the throttle is above say, 30%?a lot of Q's i sorry:-hmmm im all exited about making planes:-jumpy

Hi Start with the SR71 model, it's somewhere in the library.Use ResViewer and open the SR71M3.res.You will see the first texture bitmap starting from File 54File 106 is the model for the F4 3D CockpitFile 107 contains the first model, must be with gear up.File 108 is the model with Gear downFile 109 to 110 are flight model with less polygon, but the SR71 is using the same .bin file for all this entry. File 111 and more are the broken plane model. as you can see the SR71 is never broken but all have the full flight model.See the LG Whitebook documentation for details or choose another plane to see the broken parts.File 133 is the palette used for this planeMovable parts are described in the Whitebook also. These are flaps, ailerons, elevator ...:-waveAndre

Guest fu3 kid

what is this whitebook you speak of?where is the res. viewer?is it in the post : advanced library listings?which files are the movable parts in?tell me everything and i will never ask another question again!:-bat :-hang :-samurai *:-* :-sword :-luke :-violin :-wedge :-scatter :-zhelp :-abduct :-beerchug :-bigangel :-bluegrab :-grnmd :-boom :-laugh1 :-rotor :-sae :-spacecraft :-ufo2 :-ukliam :-walksmile :-xxrotflmao @-@

Ok here is the info:Near all can be found in the advanced library listings :-)the base for working:SR