Sign in to follow this  
agtim

AN-2 Status

Guest R_Driscoll

In fact, the crash models look so good that I wonder if they could be used as static models? They could be used as markers for those many landings not fully involving the runway (most of my crashes are from trying to fly about 1450 feet below the allowable city altitude limit of 1500 ft).I made a package called Stansted some time ago, and from the pics I gathered for the airport, there were several crashed planes scattered around, and so based on one photo, I tried to make a model of the wreck. It wasn't so good - I got the perspective wrong and it ended up looking like a beached whale, but its still the only time I've tried to make something like a plane! Next time you're in FU3 - Stansted, have a look for it! Robert.

Several crashed planes at Stansted, England? Since this isn't exactly a war zone I wonder why crashed planes should keep heaping up. May I assume that we're dealing with junk yard aircraft that have been stripped? In any event, we could surely use a crash model to supplement some scenery addon as a static model. It would look a bit sad though. And, since we never crash planes it wouldn't look realistic. Robert, since we always land the aircraft properly, sunny side up, why would there be wreckage lying around? :-)

Hi Robert,This isn't difficult, just extract the bin model using ResViewer.You must extract the texture also and give them the requested name.You can find out this by model viewer.The only bad point in this way is the polygon count. For a static model of a crashed plane it is very high :-)My static uncrashed model are high polygon count too :-(and just a question - is the original LG viewer.exe available anywhere ?-:waveAndre