Sign in to follow this  
Guest R_Driscoll

New model pics

Guest R_Driscoll

Some recent work - celebrating London textures clearing up.Unfortunate dispute over ownership of airspace. Fortunately the AI plane (Baron) involved was totally unharmed. I landed shortly after this picture was taken.(new terminal roof, some new models esp. apartment blocks, new LDR railway branch).http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/181185.jpgFretherne on the Severn, my all-time favourite package.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/181186.jpgModified Salisbury Cath with Westminster textures. One day I'd like to add flying buttresses, correct the two cloisters and fix the chapter house, but from 35,000 ft in Ansgar's 747 its close.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/181187.jpgI stayed briefly in Knightsbridge and heard Handel's Messiah in this little building (no, not the front one, the one at the back).http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/181188.jpgAnd the latest - Kensington Palace (Princess Dianne's home). No, I'm not a Royalist, and never, never (hardly ever) read the Woman's Weekly. http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/181189.jpgRobert.

Great work Robert, amazing detail. I can't quite spot the dog box at the back of Kensington Palace, but I'm sure it's there.:7 Cheers, :-wave Bruce H

The story goes on, great work Robert.I take a tea near the Kensington Palace last may :-):-waveAndre

Isn't it amazing that the best UK buildings are constructed in Australia and being shipped all the way up? Outstanding Rob, as usual :-)

Guest R_Driscoll

Many thanks.In due course I'll try to update the lundykbrat site with this version. At the moment the UKS area is very stable, no pause on load errors, I think the airzones are close to right, frequency conflicts removed, and scenery blurring appears to be fixed by changing that model view distance parameter, so its a pleasure to fly. And bit by bit I'm adding enough buildings to make at least the Thames area look interesting, even if FU3 framerates stagger a bit under the load.Sorry about the missing dogbox - I must admit I haven't done it, didn't know it was there, and am deeply upset and remorseful for not including it. Send me detailed photos of it, some plywood and a few nails and I will fix this immediately (if Hans Petter doesn't make me too busy ...).And I admit I've cheated with the tea garden building at the back (called the Orangerie!) - I used a stock building as I couldn't find any good pics of it.But worst of all, I haven't done the jugs (sorry jars) on top of the little gable windows at the front. I don't do jugs and chimneys.

Guest R_Driscoll

Andre, I'm gob-smacked.I just don't pay you enough.Robert.

Guest R_Driscoll

So OK, I've made a little orangerie (a place to grow oranges in a cold climate) at the back. Still no dog's box - I tried to steal one from my next door neighbour and got bitten (by the neighbour, not the dog), but I think the poodle down the street is a bit of a soft touch. Do you mind pink?Thanks again Andre.By the way, the blurring textures are coming back again. I have added just a few more buildings, but it looks like there is an upper limit which I am hitting against. Bother bother bother. Is it a RAM problem, or a handle limit? I don't know. Robert.

Regarding the blurring textures, which are your current computer specs? I would be surprised if it's some kind of hard-coded handle limit -- it's most likely a depletion of resources. System RAM may be a lesser concern than video card RAM and processor speed when it comes to running hefty games and sims.

Guest R_Driscoll

Sorry Hans, don't know my own computer specs, except that the video card is not great and so that's possibly the problem. For example, other people say the texturing on the fountain outside Buckhingham Pl is ok, but on mine the transparency textures get mixed up. And night transparency is a nightmare.Robert.