Sign in to follow this  

FS2002 config file

I have installed Radar Contact 2.2 and posted there as well. But my problem seems to be within the sim. Specifically, RC instructs you to edit fs2002 config with the line wav_cache=0, changing that from wav_cache=1. After saving the file and exiting notepad, I start FS. I know RC is working ok, because I can see the "adventures" it imported. When I choose one to fly, I get a scenery read error, which is precisely why RC tells you to edit the config file. Here's the catch: when I return to that config file, after a hard reboot, the edited line has mysteriously changed itself back to wav_cache=1. How can I resolve this?Thanks for any suggestions, as I've been hard rebooting for 2 days now, without luck.

Still waiting on much needed help here. What is making the fs2k2 config file revert to original settings after hard reboot?Please advise. Thanks.

I cannot see why the file would change by rebooting the PC - since there is no reason for the PC to access it on reboot. Are you sure that it is still set at the new value after you exit FlightSim ??

Thanks for reply. I can't exit the sim without hitting my reset button to reboot the computer-screen freeze, or keep hitting the ok to the scenery error message within the sim and that message just keeps popping back up over and over, so the next opportunity to check it is after reboot.

(I should point out I am not a RC user at this point). Did the fact that you cannot shut down the sim only start after you installed RC - or were you having problems before ???

Never happened, although I hadn't used RC, it has been residing on my computer a couple of months. I've been posting on their forum as well, by the way. I'm awaiting word from a programmer via email who created an add-on for RC that may or may not be a partial cause.Just wanted to touch base over here and see if anyone had a similar problem with regard to the edited config file magically changing back to it's original state. I've read on this forum that reinstalling over the existing sim rather than a fresh install clears up some problems, some of the time. I might try that next, unless I see something else posted.