Sign in to follow this  

xp drivers for sidewinder

Guest georgi55

It's not USB, mine goes to game port of sound card too.Make sure its connected corectly, and plug the power in too.If you have MSN messenger, I could try to helping you with Remote Assistance.georgi55@hotmail.com

Theanks Georgi for putting up with me. I have tryied the connectiona on the game port and it seems that it's connected proberly, yet in the games controller window, in the status section it says that it's not connected. On my stick the little green light is on an also I can feel that the power is on because when I move the stick I can feel the forcefeedback.I must tell you that when I had win98 it was working OK. In the device manager (see picture) it shows there.I haven't got MSM mesenger. Don't know yet how to use it.RegardsStelios

Guest georgi55

Did you by any chance upgraded from previous windows without clean install?

No Georgi I did a clean install of XP.

Guest georgi55

hm....im out of ides at this moment.It's 2 am here so tomorrow i will do few tests on my system and try to figure out whats happening.

Guest georgi55

I treid various configurations that may cause Xp not to detect it (sound card rivers, unoluging power, chnaign sound card settings) but it always worked for me.Im sorry, I dont think I can help you with this one. :(

GeorgiThanks for trying. I appreciate that. I own you some Ouzo if you ever visit Cyprus. The only thing that I can try is to connect the stick via the USB port. When I originally bought it, it came with a USB adaptor but I lost it now. I must just get a new one tomorrow and try it out.Regards from a very hot Cyprus at the moment 38C!Stelios

Solution at last ;)What I did is to remove my sound card and leave the on board one and now XP recognises the joystik as the Force Feedback pro. It works ok but keeps jerking a little when I move it(even if FS2K2 is not connected) and I must work on this one.

Hi Stelios,just stumbled onto this thread now, after having had the same problem. BTW, you may be able to use your soundcard instead of the onboard one, just make sure the MIDI port is enabled - for some reason XP likes to turn them off (Maybe so they can sell more version 2 joysticks...).The problem I have now is with the sensitivities - the forces only seem to kick in quite a way into a turn (say at about 30 degrees or so), the rest of the time there isn't any force at all. I tried playing with the sensitivities settings in FS2002, but didn't get much joy out of it. I understand, if you install it with the CD in Win98, you get a control panel to adjust the joystick settings. How do you do this in XP, when, obviously, you couldn't install the CD.Any help would be much appreciated.Cheers,Gosta.

Hi GostaYou are right. I did install a new soud card and had the on board sound disabled in Bios and my stick works fine now. About sensitivities, it's ok with me, more or less the same as with Win 98.

Umm... I think only the USB version is detected on XP, not the gameport one. That'd be why the driver gets installed and tlls you it's not connected. Why don't you use your adaptor ?__________________________________________________________EricList of all airlines, aircraft manufacturers and aircraft types recognised by ATC:http://www.geocities.com/eric_2203/orhttp://ftp.avsim.com/library/esearch.php?D...atID=fs2002misc