Sign in to follow this  

xp drivers for sidewinder

Can antone tell me where I can find drivers for Sidewinder force feedback joystick? I just installed Win XP and my old software for the joystick does not work. Microsoft says it has drivers on the disk but I don't know how to get them to load. Anyone help? Thanks Steve S.

Guest georgi55

>Steve, >>Apparently XP doesn't support or run FF v1 only v2. In fact, it supports V1, and Im using it.Try this:Start->Control Panel->Game Controllers->Add->hit "M" key and you will see "Microsfot SideWinder(Auto Detect)->Click OKand now it should automaticly detect it. I've been using it this way for 8 months with not a single problem.

Guest SoarPics

Yep John, and I hate the taste of those words as they're going down. :-( Hey Georgi, did you get that box up to 1.4Ghz yet?

thank ypu. no problems. Steve

Hi GeorgiI have done that but XP asks me to insert the installation disk and then I don't know where to find the driver. It only finds the Sidewinder one not the Force Feedback one. Any help where this driver is located on the installation disk of XP would be appreciated.RegardsStelios

Guest georgi55

>Yep John, and I hate the taste of those words as they're >going down. :-( >>Hey Georgi, did you get that box up to 1.4Ghz yet? No, I couldn't because it just becomes unstable - I tried all possible combinations.I run it at 1373Mhz so 27Mhz shouldn't matter that much.Thank you for all your advices :)

Guest georgi55

Stelios, I'm at school now, and will be back home in 9 hours so I will try to find in when I get home.

Guest georgi55

>bump Oh shoot...I had forgoten about it...let me check...

Guest georgi55

Well, it should be in G:I386 folder. When it ask for CD, pop in the CD, browse to that folder and see if you see any INF file.If not, browse into each sub folders and look for it.Im sorry thats the furthest I'm, able to help. Im not sure which file exactly it need.

Guest georgi55

>That's the Win XP CD not the sidewinder one. >>Regards >Russell Jourdain (NZL007/ZK-RHJ) Ya, its included in WinXp and you dont need sidewinder's CD at all.

Just one more thing. Is your Force Feedback connected via a USB port or not?Because XP finds the driver "Sidewinder 3D Pro" but it says that it's not connected. my stick it's pluged in the games port of the sound card.RegardsStelios