Sign in to follow this  
Guest colsie12

Airport runway lights

Guest colsie12

Hi all. I just done a flight at night and in soem rough weather. I had sun glare (it was at sunset) but no runway lights and could not see tacoma until 100ft above the runway. Can someone tell me why I could not see the lights.

This may help,Open the flt3.cfg in your main Flight Unlimited III folder and add these lines:;--For proper size taxi-signssign_scale .3;--Change airport beacon brightnessbeacon_brightness 2.5The argument "beacon_brightness" can be set to any number but I think most of us have settled for 2.5. The higher the number the brighter the lights.By the way, is your flt3.cfg the standard one that the sim generated the first time you ran FU3? There are many tweaks and option that can make the terrain, objects and weather look better.Hans Petter

Guest R_Driscoll

Also check whether Tacoma is pilot-controlled lighting or not (I don't have Seattle loaded at present so can't check). If so, all you need do is dial up Tacoma's Unicom and switch on the runway lights to the required intensity (from memory, that's the 'Q' key) - see manual on topic PCL.Robert.

Guest fu3

Colin,I think you were between two points in time; that time late in the day when the sun really annoys you - and the time considered 'night' whereby the lights are visible. I tried to duplicate your problem and you are correct - if you are flying with settings that give you sun glare, you cannot see any lights. A bit later and its like a virtual Christmas tree. My Tacoma isn't PCL, but standard FU3 might be.This actually happens to me in real life, causing me to continually adjust the Warrior's sunshade in-flight. My morning takeoff direction is often east i.e. almost straight into the sun. I just stare at the runway until rotation, then try to look 'into my heading' and move my head to try and block some glare with the windscreen frame ;) One avoids sun shades in traffic areas ;)This is a good example of a time to switch the glare off. I too use it most of the time but if I encounter problems, I just alt-o and turn it off. In real life, you can turn your head away from the glare or use a sun shade - in a sim you're stuck with it!Mind you, it does simulate a bug-spattered windscreen quite well under the right conditions :-lolRegards,Jon Point