Sign in to follow this  
Guest colsie12

Fu3 VA

Guest colsie12

Hi all if we remember a while back I proposed we start a FU3 VA. And now I am ready to do so.I have some proposed names:Seattle state flightSeattle Moutain & Water toursSeattle Diamond VAI would like to here other name ideas.I propose the following fleet:BeechjetDash 8Baron 58A gliderLake renegadeAny other fleet ideas are welcomed.I require a repainter would any one intereste dplease post or contact me at c.macphie@hotmail.comI am preparing a route plan. The VAs goal is the following to provide a fun enviroment for FU3 pilots to fly under.The fleet shall be utilised as follows:Beechjet (for transporting patrons from the large airports and runing a taxi service between 3/6 large airports)Dash 8 (Our daily commuter sevice will utilise 2/3 dash 8's in a serious of commutes between many airports. Some airports shall have minimal length runways for thsi aircraft. A challangeing flight experience is wanted/ expected for piltos of this aircraft)Baron 58 (Used for trips out of the smallest airports to a larger hub. It is also used to give passengers the experience of flying and practising manouvres. Most flights in and out of small fields will use thsi aircrfat)Gliders (Gliders shall be used to give passengers gliding experience. This type of aircrfat shall fly from any airport capable of it and shall be sued by thrill seekers.)Lake renegade (This shall provide the basis for our water operations and our search and rescue service. It will also be used for tours of the seattle area and washignton state.)Any comments are welcome and all ideas are taken into account.Also happy christmas and a happy new year.

Guest fu3

Colin,The Dash8 might be a bit unwieldy for some strips - mostly wingspan, not runway length. The Dash8 is easier to land, for the strips that support it. The wheel track is soooo wide and it has the plushest oleos! Needs 2/3 of the length of Jefferson for takeoff:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/182331.jpgThe Twin Otter might be better as it fits small strips better:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/182328.jpg...and has good STOL performance. Uses very little of Whidbey's strip here:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/182329.jpgGets out of Erin's with plenty to spare:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/182330.jpgThe DHC6 tends to bounce on hard touchdowns but can operate in much smaller spaces. Either way, I have the hi-res textures for both, so if you want to do a livery, let me know ;)The B58 might be awkward on really small strips too - maybe a single like the Archer? Regards,Jon Point

Guest colsie12

I know have a revised fleet.It takes into account what Jon points out and from experience flying last night.BeechjetMooney BravoTwin OtterPiper CubLake RenegadeI may add in another aircraft later. If you have anymore ideas please post.

Guest fu3

Colin,Good list - should cover everything ;)Regards,Jon Point

Guest colsie12

Thanks. I think I may add in the DC3.