Sign in to follow this  
Guest fu3

An updated region under the tree...

Guest fu3

Chris,I don't really mind - Crest isn't really wide enough for DC3s anyway :-lolAs to the legal stuff, it was more a matter of credit where it is due ;) I can't begin to think how hard a job it would have been with your packages!Regards,Jon Point

Jon,It's fantastic, working great so far. I am exploring now. Thank you for providing your flt3.cfg. I've been looking at your screen shots enviously all this time, admiring your atmosphere(sky). My sky has never looked better.I did not install Andre's cpd to bin conversion. I got to step eleven where it calls for Level57Maker V1,7. It's not in the zip or at our library(there is a v1.3 though). I've been getting "server not found" when trying to go to his site to download the tool directly. So conversion postponed for a bit.-I haven't generated outter terrain yet. --Do you have a custom rules.txt? I forgot to bring mine with me.--Should I complete the bin conversion before generating the outer terrain?--In meanwhile I've started downloading outter terrain files from our library.JimB

dual boot: win8.1pro64bit (primary) | win10pro64bit  | mobo: MSI Prestige x570 Creation | cpu and cooler:  AMD 5950X; Noctua NH-U12A | ram: 4each 8gb sticks of ddr4-3200 CORSAIR Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M2Z3200C16 | gpu:  nvidia RTX2070Super Founders Edition| lcd: LG 24" 4k, LG 24UD58-B

Hi Jim,Sorry, shame on me - it's really not in the zip.Version 1.3 will do the job for the 16x16 tiles.Version 1.7 is for more than 600 tiles at UKS and Australia (Bruce)and other regions.To avoid water on the east of the region set region config as: reg_width 10 reg_height 16 and yes my server is down, may be for ever :-(:-waveAndre

Guest fu3

Jim,Attached is mine - it is a bit of a hodge-podge :-lol If anyone has a better one, I'm all ears.Don't worry about the binfiles with OT - it's best to get FU3 running properly before changing anything. If you send me an email, I'll reply with a copy of LevelMaker57. Andre's site is down right now :-(:-waveRegards,Jon Point

Andre,"and yes my server is down, may be for ever :-("Thats terrible news for us all! Anything we Flt3 enthusiasts can do? or, Maybe the Avsim folks could host you? JimB

dual boot: win8.1pro64bit (primary) | win10pro64bit  | mobo: MSI Prestige x570 Creation | cpu and cooler:  AMD 5950X; Noctua NH-U12A | ram: 4each 8gb sticks of ddr4-3200 CORSAIR Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M2Z3200C16 | gpu:  nvidia RTX2070Super Founders Edition| lcd: LG 24" 4k, LG 24UD58-B

Jon,Thankyou for your rules.txt. Mine was a hodge-podge as well. Lakes and rivers, LG, plus more custom entries from you and others. Then there were the experimental entries from myself along with DirtyMacs gtl editor. This contract is scheduled to last to March, so maybe I'll have another go at customizing my gentiles.tag again.Thank you again,JimB

Jim,Here is the Level57Maker for Seattle expansion.Version 1.7 will also support the new tiles in the north.Select Seattle and Seattle Palette before run.After this you will lost night lights but I make a fix so after the run copy Tileindex.bin into the map folder to get night lights back.I will try to find a new host or may be I do it by dyndns with a spare computer on a slow adsl connection. hope to be back with the same domain name so old links will work again :-)good luck and have fun with the expansion, can be made up to Vancouver :-):-waveAndre

Guest fu3

Sounds like a great idea, Jim :-waveRegards,Jon Point

Agtim, I just decided it was time to make the move to *.bin :-)However, I'm stuck at this point (from the readme):5. copy from the black cd (labeled disc 1) cd:FLT3REGIONSSEATTLEMAPS all cpd files (16), COMPRESS.BIN, and all L3????.bin (101) into step1 work folderMy problem is, there are no cpd files in my ..regionsseattlemaps. I get the BIN files and the compress.bin but the latter is redundant since I already got it from ..CDROMseattleMAPS in the previous step. I checked the original installation disks and found a "scenery disk 1". This seems to be the correct one but there are no cpd files on this one either. So, where are these extra 16 cpd files to be found?If this thing about 16 extra cpd files is a typo meaning I've got them already from ..CDROMseattleMAPS I'll run the batch files tomorrow. I just want to make sure before I proceed :-)In any event, everything WILL be backed up.

Hello Hans,Here is where mine are located(I had saved each of the Flt3 cd's to an external hard drive):E:Flt3_CDsInstall DiscFLT3REGIONSSEATTLEMAPSTake care, and Happy New Years,JimB

Hans Petter,There are 101 Tiles (including the blanck Tile) for each level.My FU3 disks are orange, blue and black, most cpd files are on the blue cd and there was 16 remaining one on the black cd (German edition).If you take the cpd from your game folder then it OK, don't care how they was burned for the distribution :-)so you will have 101 level 0, 101 level 1, 101 level 2 cpd files and the 101 level3 bin files.this is what you must have in your workfolder, then you can start.good luck:-waveAndre

Thanks to you all for your answers! I'm at work now and will have to count the files when I get home. Juvat, I've got the in-game paths sorted out -- it's just that I find no CPD files in the region map folder. They're all (or, all that I have) in the root CD-rom map folder.We have various flavors of distribution and that complicates the instructions. My disks are all black. I have three disks in a four place CD crystal box and I hope there isn't one missing. I seem to remember that there was one open slot when I installed FU3 years ago. Since then I haven't installed it from scratch but rather copied the whole installation. I've got two on my main PC and one on a portable backup drive. In any event, my original distribution is the / a US edition so I was hoping that someone with US or English distributions would recognize my set up. That is, three black disks, one reading "installation" another reading "scenery disk 1" and the third one reading "scenery disk 2". Since the game works I assume that all of the CPD files are present.The main reason why I want to convert the files is to be able to install future tweaks and expansions. Jon's Bandera may be the first one and then the expansion towards Vancouver. When the conversion has been completed I'm going to keep several versions as backup as usual. The standard installation with CPD files, outer terrain and SanFran will stay as a backup on my portable drive. Allright, there's another possible complication -- since I do have SanFran installed I may have copied SanFran files from the root CD-rom folder in addition to Seattle files. Or, are these all within the SanFran region map folder?

Guest fu3

H-P,The original CPD files should be in CDROMseattlemaps. I just copied mine from there - it was much easier than playing with CDs!The Sanfran CPDs are in the CDROMsanfranmaps folder. I keep complete copies of both basic LGS Fu3 and now my 'Seattle'08' - modified one. Both are 'complete' installs with Sanfran and OT.BTW, the Bandera fix is in the library ;)Regards,Jon Point

The BIN conversion has now been completed. However, there's one thing:Andre's readme says,14. Save region.cfg file and geosGeotiles.tag from the Seattle region. replace geosGeotiles.tag by the new one in the addon of the work folder. But caution this is based on the new NASA-SRTM data and most of the packages will not fit with the ground ! If you want use the original one you can add the new geos tiles included also in the addongeos using GeoTagViewer.exe. You must then first add the new tiles, then import elevation and classification for the 4 Tiles acaj, acak, acal, adak, adal. During import of geos tiles the sealevel must be set to 109 !---------------Well, if I replace the geotiles.tag I figure I'll lose Jon's flattened airports since I installed his update before converting the maps to BIN. That is, if the enclosed geotiles.tag is "pre-flattening" I should rather keep the one I got from Jon's upload. But then, will I still get the added area up towards Vancouver?Hans Petter