Sign in to follow this  
Guest twsimfan

I'm here, new system, HELP?

Guest fu3

H-P,I am attempting to fix the problem using install only. This will require copying the CDs to the PC's HD first, but it be possible to just run the install after that. I have done this with a few smaller programs so far, and it works OK. You have to copy it to the HD to set the 'compatibility' settings on all of the executables - CDs don't allow re-writes ;) After install, go and set them again and it should work :-rollI have a fresh Vista laptop (Clare's) which I am doing this on. Tomorrow's the big day as I'm off for a harbour cruise* today ;)* Translation for non-Aussies: Spend the day rollicking around Sydney harbour on a boat full of booze, with a few musos thrown in for good measure :-lolRegards,Jon Point

Guest curious982

Hi, :-wave Does FU1 or FU2 work on Windows Vista without doing anything extra? :-hmmm

Guest fu3

Just a note here, in case people didn't catch the drift! There is nothing wrong with your FU1, 2 or 3, nor your MCM, nor NFS3...NOTHING will install properly on Vista, except Vista-rated software (i,e, new). Nothing will install AT ALL unless you are an administrator.This is not a problem with the software - it is an inbuilt issue with Vista. You can get around it, just use the 'compatibility' settings (use Win2000, not XP, unless the software was specifically designed for XP).Blame it on Micro$oft, who decided that we all needed to throw away all of our software and buy new stuff :-rollMe? I'm sticking to XP on my FU and office PCs. Vista is only on Clare's notebook and the 'guest' PC - both of these only have OpenOffice and basic security installed, nothing else. A Vista PC is a major investment for the serious user, considering you have to buy lotsa new software to make it fly...Regards,Jon Point