Sign in to follow this  
Hans_Petter

BIN conversion and high-res expansion

I have had some time to explore my new BIN converted Seattle area today. It may seem that some megatiles are missing in the expanded area or is this as far as it's supposed to go? Our standard Seattle area went into low-res right northwest of Coupeville Nolf. Now the part of the island to the west has been turned into high-res. But how about that straight shoreline extending north? It may seem like there should have been some coastline tiles here and the "blank" (actually, blue) sea tiles show instead.Here's a screenshot:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/182962.jpgHans Petter

Hi Hans Petter,In September 06 there was just a bit of high definition texture available, just enough to crate the both included tiles. Meanwhile the missing area pictures are in the net and it's just a lot of working hours to create a 4096x4096 Targa picture from the 256x256 fuzzy named puzzle parts :-) - but some one must do it.Once you have such a picture a call of GenBinTile.exe with the tile name as parameter will do the job and you get the levels 0 to 4 ready to move to the maps folder. This was the call for the 2 new tiles.GenBinTile aeahGenBinTile aeaiDifficulties are scaling the textture that way that it fits the original LG tiles.The Blank Tile was never used in the original Seattle region. I is currently a simple patchwork of sea texture and is used for all missing tiles.You can restrict the region to the old dimension by setting reg_width 10reg_height 10in the region config fileafter this you will see outer terrain texture again in this area, but the new tiles will be hidden.:-waveAndre

All right, if I understand this correctly my screenshot shows the current FU3 the way it should be. You might consider pointing me to a source of usable images and I may be able to help extend the region.

Hi Hans Petter,Happy to read this :-)There is a E-Mail in your box with a tutorial. Good luck !( the zip is too large to be placed here :-) ):-waveAndre