Sign in to follow this  
agtim

ResViewer with new functions

Guest fu3

Wonderful, Andre!How close are you getting to the instrument side of things?Regards,Jon Point

Hi Jon,Not very close, there is just an item "true VSI" but all instruments are in the cockpit designer parts.Very complex too. I will finish the air physic part first.After that Instruments part will follow.There will be a release to the lib before, as soon each item of the air physic part has a form. I want to insert and delete an item also.here are other special forms outside air physic part.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/183997.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/183998.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/183999.jpg:-waveAndre

ResViewer News:Gideon's ResViewer source version has an inbuilt debug.e generator that will create an E-File (DEBUG.E) from the last 3-D-View.Axle and Materials are not correctly assigned but you can get a model from any size (good when BIN2E.exe crashes).Later I will try to modify this part as an export E file type function.During BSP compile you can speed up a lot using option -N for no sort.Unsorted model are shown badly at plane selection see left side of the picture, BSP with sort takes longer but the result is clean, see the right side of the picture.Very complex model can't be sorted as for the AN-2 which is at the size limit. I have used the reduced level of details for the preview.During the flight, sort/no sort has no visual effects.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/184340.jpg:-waveagtim

What does this mean to the "unsorted" plane models we've gotten used to seeing in "plane selection"? Many of the splendid aircraft addons look like a mess in "plane selection" since there's a lack of model surface priority. In FS98 (many years ago) I remember seeing this in the sim itself -- sometimes the fuselage of an aircraft showed while the wing that was supposed to be on top / in front of the fuselage ended up behind it when being viewed from some angles.Can the new ResViewer "sort" the aircraft preview and give us a model that looks right?Hans Petter

It's not the ResViewer, but the BSP compile step.When the model is very large BSP can't sort.This will be the reason why the DC3 is unsorted.There is an option in BSP -N for no sort.you must have the E file to correct an unsorted plane.:-waveAndre

Guest fu3

... and if you have the efile, you can sort it manually. I did this with the GeeBee 'coz I didn't know about the '-N' switch :-rollYou put the fuselage first, then wings and tailplane, then axles, then control surfaces. Sometimes you also have to move various parts 0.0000067mm in one direction to make it compile :-lol... and you have to watch naming if you have more than 10 of something (09, 0a, 0b etc) ;)Stuff it - give me unsorted :-hahRegards,Jon Point

First I wanted to do it the manual way, but then I realized that the back generated e-file has one object only as a total merge of vertex.The sort is applied to vertex, not to parts. I remember my old 3D programs where I had to draw from far to near vertex to solve the hidden line problem :-)...axle can create strange messages as double vertex detected...bailing... but you can't find a double vertex in the data :-(as mentioned you have to shift a bit in a direction and it's works.:-waveAndre

Now a first placement of the air objects for the AN-2 is done.I have still to do fine tuning, actual too heavy and too slow - even with 1000hp.As you can see the gear blocks must be set below the wheels or the wheels will go into ground ! It's not like the static model where model outbox is defining ground position. The ground position of the player model is defined in the air physic resource !http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/184661.jpg:-waveAndre