Sign in to follow this  
juvat

3d Object Convertor v4.10 gold can open LGS .e

The developer has added the ability to open Looking Glass Studios "e" format.I tested on a Thief2 "e" file and worked ok. The tool doesn't appear to support gif. So, to see the model textured, I converted the gif to bmp, and edited the e-file to use bmp.I don't have any Flt3 e-files on my laptop, so I couldn't test.It cannot open Flt3 and Thief .bin files, or Flt3 .mipThe program cannot save to "e", or Flt3-bin/ Thief-bin.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/183649.jpgJimB

dual boot: win8.1pro64bit (primary) | win10pro64bit  | mobo: MSI Prestige x570 Creation | cpu and cooler:  AMD 5950X; Noctua NH-U12A | ram: 4each 8gb sticks of ddr4-3200 CORSAIR Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M2Z3200C16 | gpu:  nvidia RTX2070Super Founders Edition| lcd: LG 24" 4k, LG 24UD58-B

Guest fu3

Jim,Very novel ;) I suppose the 'Gold' version of anything cost real $$$ though - I get away with 'eto3ds.exe' and double-click the 3DS file to open Anim8or.Anim8or DOES accept gifs (not MIPs), as well as BMP, JPG or even TGA. The files just have to be in the same folder as the 3DS file - it ignores the extension.In fact, if it wasn't for 'eto3ds.exe', I wouldn't have been able to resurrect my older models for which I only HAD efiles and binfiles. Must send that Shadowspan chap some beer :-waveQuestion is, can the convertor convert large MDL, MD3 & MD4 files to 3DS? I find it too confusing having to learn GMAX after 3DS, D3D and Anim8or. That said, I do most models from scratch now, as it's quicker in many cases and one isn't buying into existing innacuracies. I learned that with the Dash-8 - every single model I could find (and there were plenty) had major problems somewhere. :-rollRegards,Jon Point

Hi Jon,Yes, it is pay ware. It was $50.00us back in Aug 2007 when I purchased, and I just checked and this new version is the same. It was following a free upgrade to the new version that I saw the .e in his supported formats.Quake-MDL, Quake II-MD2 and Quake III-MD3 are in his supported format list.498 supported formats in 1 program. Thats why I purchased it. Thought it would be nice to have.I forgot to bring any Flt3 or Thief models I had made with me, so am unable to see how well his "e" conversion looks on a model I'm familiar with.I do wish it could save to various bin and e formats; whether Flt3, Thief or Jas. I remember that was a very frustrating process for me, using all those individual tools, then, upon placing with Fled, Dromed, or Jas Editor finding that it was to big or small or textures were "off". Mips were another thing and it'd be nice if support for that format, as well as gif, were also supported by a "all-in-one" tool. Hopefully the author of 3d OC is planning on it.Where is that wishing-well. :-hmmm JimB

dual boot: win8.1pro64bit (primary) | win10pro64bit  | mobo: MSI Prestige x570 Creation | cpu and cooler:  AMD 5950X; Noctua NH-U12A | ram: 4each 8gb sticks of ddr4-3200 CORSAIR Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M2Z3200C16 | gpu:  nvidia RTX2070Super Founders Edition| lcd: LG 24" 4k, LG 24UD58-B