Sign in to follow this  
eeveeman

i have a few questions

i am new to avsim, but i have been playing FU3 for years. I am wondering, why does my game kepp on crashing?it never crashed, then i downloaded a couple things, it was fine, downloaded a few more, and it started crashing every second flight. Can you please help me!!my computer runs...windows...*98* this may be the problem...also, will there be new planes coming out soon, like the "concorde" someone talked about. will there be an "Airbus A380?"thanks for an awesome site!! :D

Hello and welcome to the forums.Actually Flt3 usually runs quite well on Win98. You said this began after you had added some files. If these are packages, a test to do is rename your "packages" folder to something else like "xxxxpackages". Then startup Flt Unlimited 3 and see if the problem has gone away. If Flt3 is ok, then you most likely have a bad package folder within the "packages" folder. ""I am wondering, why does my game kepp on crashing?it never crashed, then i downloaded a couple things, it was fine, downloaded a few more, and it started crashing every second flight."" Could you please tell us exactly what you have downloaded and installed. Also please let us know the sequence that they were installed. This way we can more directly assist in getting your Flt3 back-up and running again.Also, let us know at which loading sequence Flt3 is crashing on you. For example, is it happening during the "Loading AI #%".JimB

dual boot: win8.1pro64bit (primary) | win10pro64bit  | mobo: MSI Prestige x570 Creation | cpu and cooler:  AMD 5950X; Noctua NH-U12A | ram: 4each 8gb sticks of ddr4-3200 CORSAIR Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M2Z3200C16 | gpu:  nvidia RTX2070Super Founders Edition| lcd: LG 24" 4k, LG 24UD58-B

Guest fu3

EeVeeMan,You have either installed a package that is corrupted (or put files in the wrong place) or you have a 'conflict'. Beyond this, an aircraft file may be corrupt too.Conflicts occur when people add extra radio frequencies without proper testing. The truth is, all packages are not compatible with each other. It is also possible to cause crashes by copying model files across without their MIP files.What region does the problem occur in (Seattle or Sanfran)?What additions did you make?If you think it happened after installing some packages, remove all the newest packages from your package folder and try again. Works? Copy half of them back. Still works? Good. Not work? The fault is in one of the packages you restored. Copy the 'other' half and test again. Good? Go back to the ones that caused the crash and try putting half of them back etc. This is otherwise known as 'divide and conquer' ;)One problem with this method is that say the problem was a missing file in an Arlington package and you test at Swanson, you won't get the crash :-( So, you need to remember where you were when the crash happened e.g. starting a flight from Harvey, or whenever you fly near a specific airport.If the crashes happen at nightfall, you have an incorrect night MIP or model. If the crashes only happen during startup (i.e. on the map screen), there are many possible causesHave you loaded any specific packages like 'Seattle 2005' or 'Seattle 2008'? Both of these sets CAN cause problems if you start adding lots of other stuff. Chris Low and I can tell you what is where (he did '2005, I did '2008).PS Don't worry, this has happened to all of us at some point in time - me included ;) Regards,Jon Point

"Could you please tell us exactly what you have downloaded and installed. Also please let us know the sequence that they were installed. This way we can more directly assist in getting your Flt3 back-up and running again."i have downloaded a lot of planes, but these are all fine, as i only donloaded them as a start and my game never crashed. i think it may be the "BIN" or the other file, for some reason.Also, let us know at which loading sequence Flt3 is crashing on you. For example, is it happening during the "Loading AI #%".yes, it crashes on my second flight, when the "Loading AI" screen comes up."Conflicts occur when people add extra radio frequencies without proper testing. The truth is, all packages are not compatible with each other. It is also possible to cause crashes by copying model files across without their MIP files."This is probably my problem"What region does the problem occur in (Seattle or Sanfran)?What additions did you make?"It happens in Seattle as i only have Seattle, but i downloaded something and now i have like, 35 other airports outwith seattle and SanFranhow do you mean, additions? i donloaded something and i have tons more airports, like LAX and grand canyor airports"If the crashes happen at nightfall, you have an incorrect night MIP or model. If the crashes only happen during startup (i.e. on the map screen), there are many possible causes"i only fly during the day right now"Have you loaded any specific packages like 'Seattle 2005' or 'Seattle 2008'? Both of these sets CAN cause problems if you start adding lots of other stuff. Chris Low and I can tell you what is where (he did '2005, I did '2008)."i really do not know if i have! can i see a record of all of the things i have downloaded?thanks for the replies by the way!! i am getting a new computer in a few days, so i will be putting FU3 on it, so that SHOULD help it!(it is with Vista, does Vista work with it?)

Guest fu3

Wait until you get your new PC set up and running, and install FU3 afresh there. At least you know it will work ;)As to installing on Vista, yes, you need to burn a copy of the installation CD and modify one file:1. Create a new folder somewhere and call it 'fu3tmp'.2. Copy the entire FU3 Installaion CD to it.3. Open the 'fu3tmp' folder in Vista and look for 'setup.exe'.4. Right-click on the 'setup.exe' file and click 'Properties'.5. The 'read only' box may or may not be checked, but click it on and off (make sure it is off) then hit 'apply'.6. Right-click on the 'setup.exe' file again.7. On the top of the menu, click on 'Compatibility' at the top.8. Click on 'Run this program in compatibility mode for' and select 'Windows 2000' from the drop-down menu. 9. Hit 'Apply' and close.10. Grab a blank CD and insert it into your drive.11. Burn the contents of your 'fu3tmp' folder to the CD. Do not copy the folder, just the contents.12. When finished, eject the burned CD and label it 'FU3 Vista installation' etc.Now, substitute this CD for the original FU3 Installation CD and install on Vista ;)Regards,Jon Point

Guest fu3

Yes, copy everything else somewhere if you want BUT...Don't copy it all into FU3 or you'll be back where you started.Planes OK - everything else no. Wait until you have FU3 running properly before adding anything else. This includes mods to existing airports. In any case, work from the downloads, don't copy what you already installed but just put it all somewhere safe until you have FU3 running again ;)Then get back to us :-waveRegards,Jon Point