Sign in to follow this  
Guest fu3

Fokker repaint 2

Thank you Jon, she's looking real good.JimB

dual boot: win8.1pro64bit (primary) | win10pro64bit  | mobo: MSI Prestige x570 Creation | cpu and cooler:  AMD 5950X; Noctua NH-U12A | ram: 4each 8gb sticks of ddr4-3200 CORSAIR Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M2Z3200C16 | gpu:  nvidia RTX2070Super Founders Edition| lcd: LG 24" 4k, LG 24UD58-B

Guest fu3

Thanks, Andre ;) Here's an example of why you should always land WW1 aircraft in open fields i.e. direct into the breeze. If I kicked the rudder harder to bring the wing down, I would have turned into the trees :-lol

It's all fun! ANY DR-1 landing that doesn't result in a ground loop or end-over-end is a good one :-rollAndre,I need to have a play with your modified Resviewer to get the DR-1's (and the Q200's) contact points right (easily). Any chance of a copy?Regards,Jon Point

Hi Jon,Very nice Video :-)Ok I will put a developer page at www.agtim.ch/fu3/ResViever.html it's not created now but very soon. This is the entry point for tutorials and the latest version. Hope to have it in 2 days :-):-wave Andre

Guest fu3

Thanks, Andre - I'll look forward to that.I received a couple of emails full of questions about the video:1. It was done using FRAPS - a bit clunky but it works OK for FU3. Most of these programs slow the PC too much. FRAPS takes me from 28-35fps down to 15-20fps.2. You have to process it down to 320x200 for Youtube. Use the 'Video for broadband - 512k' setting in Windows Movie Maker.3. Yes, I do have pedals - see the rudder swinging wildly left and right? Notice that I DID manage to conduct the entire roll-out ON the runway (and mostly on one wheel too :-lol ). If you don't have pedals, you MUST switch off engine torque in 'settings', although crosswind landings would then be impossible.4. The DR-1's ailerons are less-than-effective at any time. Once you have 'stalled' onto the runway, they do even less ;)5. It is a 'new' DR-1 which 'Juvat' (JimB) and I are toying with. It will be released soon, with at least 2 liveries. It is a new 3D model, allowing for different textures for left&right etc. The flight model is much closer as well. This is good and bad. The stock engine model is overpowered and overweight, presumably to make it easier to master. This one is lighter but the entire engine spins (in reality and in the flight model but not in the 3D model). This makes the torque so obvious that every moment of flight time is spent working with it ;)6. The DR-1 has NO brakes - either here or in reality. It doesn't have a steerable tailskid either - you DON'T steer it on the ground (well, not much anyway). The way 'it was done' was to rev up the engine and get the tail light, then kick the rudder. This just as often resulted in the plane doing a 180, or the prop becoming somewhat shortened :-roll7. Not only does the new DR-1 NOT get a GPS, it gets less instruments than the existing FU3 one! Apart from a fuel pressure gauge, oil pressure gauge and a compass, you have a fuel tap and an ignition cutout. After all, that was enough for the job in 1918. You don't need a tachometer when you have no throttle(!), nor do you need much else. 8. The contact points aren't 100% yet but the metallic scraping sound as it rolls to a stop is the tailskid. I put a contact point just under it ;)Comment:Many people over the years have complained about the FU3 DR-1 for a lot of reasons, but mostly because they treated the aircraft like a modern GA craft, and not how it should be used. This doesn't detract from the experience though - you just have to assume some things - like NEVER attempt landing with the engine running. The torque will turn the aircraft into a death trap......and you need to line-up with the wind during takeoff, not the runway. This usually requires custom weather settings to make the wind line-up with the intended runway, unless you just use the default clear weather.The new model has 2 ignition settings - 'run' and 'taxi at a brisk pace' ;) You CAN lean-off the engine with the fuel tap, but you cannot reduce the power much without the engine conking out. This all means that you have to fly it like the 'aces' did (flat out until you chop it on landing).I hope this answers all your questions :-wave Regards,Jon Point

Hi Jon and all plane builderThe new page for the ResViewer 2.xx development is born.look at this link: www.agtim.ch/fu3/ResViewer.html for the tool, samples and tutorials - all is under construction...:-waveAndre

Guest fu3

Andre,I can't make it work :-hmmmI downloaded a second time but I just get:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/186627.jpgam I missing a DLL or something?I tried it with and without the original exe in the folder. :-rollPS The site looks good for a start ;)Regards,Jon Point

Hi Jon,Sorry, I was too quick :-), it was linked with dll support.Now I have defined to use a static library as usual to my released applications. I have given a try with Win98 also. It's working inside the old ResViewer folder and retain Gideon's v1.32 there may be cases where his version is working but my version not :-(.I hope it's ok now, having Visual Studio versions on all my computer there is near impossible to see if all is included.:-waveAndre

Guest fu3

Andre,Thanks, that works OK ;)I know what you mean about VS version. Once it is installed, ALL the dev Dlls are available on the system and you need separate PC to test projects properly :-rollRegards,Jon Point