Sign in to follow this  
Geofa

B33 Deb users -virtual cockpit progress and thanks

Those of you using the B33 Deb-just to let you know the progress James (primarily) and I have made on the virtual cockpit-it looks to be coming along great -hoping for no more catastrophies this time on the vc.I'd also like to thank the hundreds who have taken the time to send emails.This is really the first big project we have done and I think we have been totally overwhelmed by the response. The avsim library shows 3296 for "sorry no longer available" which I believe was the first unpatched deb file I uploaded and 2947 for the current version-meaning 6243 have been downloaded since we released it!I think we all expected more like a couple hundred-never did we envision this response. I just got a copy of a 3 page review a flight sim magazine is putting out in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Belgium, Netherlands, Italy and Spain today-it is all quite shocking (and quite scary) to see the attention to this project.In any case I'd like to express all our thanks for some extremely kind comments and long thoughtful emails-and out of literally hundreds of emails only one was repulsive-not bad odds! I'd also like to thank Reality Xp whose effort definately was a huge contributing factor to the realism of this project.We are keeping working on some of the small issues-this great vc, some new liveries, and a few other improvements. I don't want to predict when the next batch of improvements will come out, but at the rate it going it won't be too long.I would like to express our thanks to all who have taken time to send emails and post shots, and despite many times rethinking even uploading this-the response has made it more than worth it.Thanks-and we are working to make it even better...http://members.telocity.com/~geof43/geofanim2.gif

AWESOME!EXCELLENT!STUPENDOUS!loud applause.This looks so good I'll be stuck in my computer chair (oops I already am).

Guest JeanLuc_

Hi Geof and to all that have participated in this project! This is outstanding! Glad to be part of this community!Thank you again!

Looking great - can't wait to get my hands on the VC !!!

There was talk of improving the flight model at one time,,, Is this still being done and when do you expect to "finalize" that?

Geofa,I notice a map-type GPS in the VC -- is this a custom (working) control available somewhere, or just a static mockup? Given that I need a laptop and a full-featured mapping program to produce the same look, I find it hard to believe that something like this is actually available for inside FS, but I had to ask.And I'll once again echo just how great the Deb is -- she's one of my favorite planes (would be my favorite if she could land on water. Does Beech make *any* planes with water pontoons?)

Guest wkzzo

Geofa I think the the thanks coming from everyone is in appreciation of the obvious dedication you gave to this project and how well it came out. It is us the flightsimming public who download and use these aircraft that should be thankfull that someone like yourself would do such quality project and then share it for no monitary gain. Anyway Geofa and James, thankyou again.

Simply an awsome plane. I admit, I made a copy of my aircraft config file and supped it up a little (well a lot ;-)) ). But I still have the original which flies like a charm.Just offering my thanks for this great plane.Lance

wow, spelling??? what's that ;-)) "Awesome" and "Souped" should go you know where up there! LOL

Hi Geof,Congrats on a great rollout and the new VC. It will be an awesome addition to an already great aircraft.Thanks you for your dedication and support here in this forum.It is much appreciated. :-)Regards,Joe :-wave.Oshkosh Pictures From 2001 (Part 1) 78 Pics in Frames with 1mb in ThumbnailsHigh speed connection Recommended:http://home.attbi.com/~flypics1/FrameSet.htm.Oshkosh Pictures From 2001 (Part 2) 106 Pics in Frames with 1.5mb in ThumbnailsHigh speed connection recommended:http://home.attbi.com/~flypics2/FrameSet.htm.Picture Gallery of My Flight in a 1945 SNJ-6 on June 1st, 2002Joliet, Illinoishttp://home.attbi.com/~jranos/FrameSet.htm.http://home.attbi.com/~jranos/mysig.jpg http://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gif

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

Geof, the pics of the new VC are outstanding. The VC will cause a great debate within me as to which mode to fly in. Thanks to you and James for your continued development of the Deb.Also, will there be any refinement or updating of the AP. Particularly with the ALT mode? As it is now, the only way I have found to change altitudes, (after turning on the AP), up or down, is to turn off the AP with ON/OFF switch. Then turn off HDG and ALT. Hit the center silver knob to turn the HDG back on (and note, that you do not have to turn the ON/OFF switch back to ON) then use trim to alter altitude to desired altitude, then turn the ALT back on to stabilize at selected altitude. This is OK, but it is odd, that once the ON/OFF is turned OFF then you do not need to turn it back to ON to engage HDG, ALT, NAV or any of the other AP modes. I hope that was clear. I've gotten used to this procedure to change altitude, but just seems as though it should be less complicated to do.Other than that, I see no need for any other "tweaks"....the DEB is the queen of my hangar. Thanks.Cheers,NIck