Sign in to follow this  
Guest fu3 kid

port grover is back! ... plus interest!

I'll make room for the Grover airports :-)I'm currently spending most of my FU3 time on area expansion and there will be more options for new airports and scenery packages up north in the near future :-)Hans Petter

I wish we could expand the San Francisco region........

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I would assume SanFran could be expanded to the north and to the east just as Seattle? Tiles can be added as long as you don't need to add high-res terrain below the starting point. Thus, if one were to fill the gap between the regions one would have to expand SanFran northwards rather than expanding Seattle southwards.

Guest fu3

"Thus, if one were to fill the gap between the regions one would have to expand SanFran northwards rather than expanding Seattle southwards."Yes, but you'd need a large region. There are some limitations such as no night lighting past AZAZ. That means 26 tiles or 416km wide or high. Any larger has to be a separate region or you cannot have night lighting (and you know my penchant for that - I've spent a long time on it...) . I am currently looking at doing an 'Olympic Mountains' region set for the section West of Seattle. There are some reasonable images available and not too many airports in this region. The entire region is something like 6x12 megatiles, much of it water.:-waveRegards,Jon Point

This thread changed the topic really fast Well, it was my fault :-roll I just want to say that for ficticious airports Grover has done a great job. Everything works as intended.The reason I mentioned area expansion is that I've spent quite a few hours lately working on the area north of Coupeville. In fact, the stock FU3 Coupeville will upgraded too. I would assume that even those who haven't done the bin conversion could get a new Coupeville in the cpd format but that one wouldn't be as good as the bin version. Regarding nightlights I see a challenge. There are plenty of towns that hardly show in the stock version of this region. Moreover, any new tiles will have no nightlight whatsover unless we make them. I guess one will have to edit a version of any new tile to pinpoint what should be lit when everything else goes dark. I'll need some tutoring when I get to that point :-) In any event, there will be plenty of opportunities to create new packages soon. There's a quite major airport right north of Coupeville that will need an airport designation, frequency, overtexturing and buildings. However, before this can be realized we'll need to define land and water and get an elevation mesh. Again, whoever who wants to get involved will be welcome since I don't really know what I'm doing but I figure I'll get the ropes of this as I move along. Anything in this department relies on Agtim :-)