Sign in to follow this  
Guest feres

FLED Parking Spots

Guest feres

Hello everybody..I'm visiting the avsim forum for some time now and I have to state what you have created is realy amazing. I flew FUIII in the late 90's and the year 2000, but decided to do again now. So I found out about this forum and could now check out all those nice new planes... But lets come to the point, I would like to modify some outerterrean aiports. To change the airport type, frequencies,...I can use fled. But I can not edit parking spots..I'm sure there is a way to manage this, as some user have already done. Could somebody tell me how this works? Is there a special tool or can I change the user mode in fled in some way? thx in advance, feres

Important : start fled and choose only Seattle region to edit outerregion !1 - go to the airport you want to edit2 - set bookmark for this place3 - exit fled4 - remove folder with existing airport5 - start fled and move to the editing place using bookmark6 - choose 'edit airport', set airport properties, then set runway first7 - set 'special' nodes on the runway8 - set at least 1 parking spot and connect it with the node on the runway9 - save your workThen you can edit (add new parking spots) your airport.You can't save airport with unconnected nodes/parking spots.B.Adamski

Welcome to Flt3 feres,Have you been to the following site? Has lots of details on creating an OT airport.http://www.geocities.com/in_04/Take care,JimB

dual boot: win8.1pro64bit (primary) | win10pro64bit  | mobo: MSI Prestige x570 Creation | cpu and cooler:  AMD 5950X; Noctua NH-U12A | ram: 4each 8gb sticks of ddr4-3200 CORSAIR Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M2Z3200C16 | gpu:  nvidia RTX2070Super Founders Edition| lcd: LG 24" 4k, LG 24UD58-B

You should be able to delete the existing parking spot, and create a new one. You just have to make sure to connect the new parking spot to one of the existing taxiway nodes.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest feres

Thank you Jim, I will study that site carefully. Looks like hot stuff ;) ...I will try and learn a lot I guess.Thank you ( and thank's to all others) for your response.ciao, feres

Guest feres

Hello again, today I tried the "IWorkHere" command, which is mentioned in the manual...no effect, I can not move originally placed objects or delete them. Is it realy enough to add "IWorkHere" to the flt3.cfg and save it then? did I understand something wrong?I use the german version of flightIII so maybe this influences thesituation? so long, feres!

Guest fu3

Feres,"today I tried the "IWorkHere" command, which is mentioned in the manual...no effect, I can not move originally placed objects or delete them.Is it realy enough to add "IWorkHere" to the flt3.cfg and save it then? did I understand something wrong?I use the german version of flightIII so maybe this influences thesituation? "The 'IWorkHere' command simply gives you access to the LGS-placed models in the scenery, nothing more. You do not need it to access 'other' packages - it allows modifications to the MOD files in the regionsseattlemodels folder. These MOD files are not airports as such but just tell FU3 where models are placed and their orientation.Certainly, using the 'IWorkHere' command is all you need to modify or edit anything that comes with the game ;)One problem may be that you have a package open. There are 3 places for airport storage:1. In the 'regionsseattleairports' folder (or 'regionssanfran...' etc)2. In the 'outerrairports' folder3. Inside a package file in 'packagesinnerseattlexxxairports'. * As long as the 'IWorkHere' command is in the 'flt3.cfg' file, you can move LGS-placed airport objects as well as 3D models. This also applies to OT airports. * If you are working with a Seattle or OT airport (original LGS), it will be openable in FLED without a package. However, if you open a package or create a new one, as long as it is open, you cannot modify existing LGS-placed stuff, with or without the 'IWorkHere' command.* To open an airport that is stored within a package file, that package must be opened in FLED first or that airport will not be selectable in the FLED menu.How are you trying to edit the parking spots? It is just as quick to delete and replace them! I often prefer to delete existing ones and replace with new ones. In my case, it is usually the 'player' spot that I move - to fit in my latest over-sized plane into :-lolAlso, things can go awry in FLED :-( LGS did not use FLED in creating the scenery - they had other lower-level methods. Unfortunately, this sometimes means that FLED has issues. Examples of this are models, parking spots and runway ends placed at sub-tile junctions*, rendering them uneditable in FLED. Thanks to Andre's FLEDViewer tool, I was able to remove the rogue models (which don't even show up in FLED but are visible in the game), but rogue airport features could only be deleted and re-placed.Which airport are you looking at, and does it have a package associated with it?FLED Tip #3436* Not megatile junctions, 'sub' tile junctions. Entire megatiles are NEVER displayed at full resolution, only the sectors close to the viewer are. Note this as you approach an airport - the entire 16x16km tile is not shown at full resolution, only the nearest mile or so (actually, about 3,000ft/1000m depending on altitude). This means that technically, FU3 splits each 16x16km megatile into a 16x16 array of 1x1km tiles - and if you drag a model across one of these, you're in trouble. *** Because FU3 cannot switch half of the MIP texture file for a model ***Often, models placed thus are only visible AFTER you fly over them and not at reduced resolution. You MUST NOT move these models, just delete and re-place. If you move them, FLED will crash on 'save' and the model may or may not be visible in FLED afterwards :-rollThese junctions are easy to find - just drag a model around and where it disappears, that's the tile junction. Drag it back, so you can see it then delete it and place a fresh one where it should be :-waveRegards,Jon Point

Guest feres

Hi Jon, thx for your reply! I had a package open and so I couldn't move any model. I didn't know that there shall no package be open or created while using this command. As I always work with packages I would never have discovered that "Iworkhere" works with closed packages.I'm about to recreate Great Falls OT Airport. First I have to delete one of the original placed model trees as it was placed slightly to close to the runway.This is a very bad thing if you come along with your B747 and one of the fans engines striks against a tree growing there....I have to become a little bit familiar with the ai traffic destinations as well, but this comes later. The basic stuff, drawing lines/lightes, creating taxiways and change airport settings is quiet easy. Now I probably will play a little bit with the different AI Parkingspots and their settings. Onces AI traffic is available it my become a quiet nice airport.Thank you for all the info, Jon!ciao, feres.

Guest fu3

Feres,Ah, Great Falls - my first OT airport, beaten to release by the 'Good Captain' Rolo by a few days :-rollBest of luck with it :-waveRegards,Jon Point

Guest feres

okay jon, this works! the first beaver took of from rny 21 heading...no idea where. there is this file called aiplan.txt, how does it work ? do you know ?I would like to add GTF to the standard AI traffic system, is there asomething else available than the white paper of looking glass?ciao, feres!

Guest fu3

Feres,From Markus Brunner's page:http://www.geocities.com/in_04/manual_fled/Fled.htm"AIPLAN.TXTNow we go to a special file from FU3. These file is used to give the AI planes a route to airports and navigation marks. If you go to the regionsseattle or regionssanfran folder you find a file called AIPLAN.TXT. If you open this you see two type of entries: 1. POINT WP01 = (+48:14:0,-121:59:0) -> This is a definition of a navigation mark 2. LEG LAS-PDX 4000 5000 0 0 8500 -> This a refferrence route for AI planes, in this case there is a route from LAS to PDX (Las Vegas to Portland) the five numbers following the route describe the correct altitude for the AI planes to fly without crashing in mountains. Currently I don't no the exact meaning of every number but I guess the first and second are for minimum altitude. The last one is used as normal altitude (I guess)."Now, my explanation...If you look at a few entries from my Seattle aiplan.txt file:LEG ESW-S36 2221 6500 466 0 8500LEG RNT-WA38 32 1500 50 0 3000LEG WP15-RNT 4000 4500 32 0 6500...you see 5 sets of numbers behind each one. The first one is Easton State (ESW) to Crest Airpark (S36). Easton is located east of the mountains at 2221ft. Crest is located on lower ground, to the west of the mountains at 466ft. The peak mountain height between is about 5700ft. My assumption (anyone else got a better explanation???) is that the start altitude and end altitude are self-evident - they are the airport (or waypoint) altitude. The 2 larger numbers dictate that aircraft following this route shall fly at no less that 6500ft (to avoid hitting the mountains) and no more than 8500ft (to avoid entering 'big boy's' airspace above). The '0' escapes me - anyone? The gap of 2000ft allows aircraft to operate in both directions at once, keeping 500ft away from the lower and upper limits whilst keeping 1000ft between aircraft travelling in different directions.So, I think it is like: "takeoff altitude/min transit altitude/landing altitude/maximum altitude"Again, the '0' escapes me. Also, you do not need entries in the aiplan.txt file to get AI at an airport - just to prescribe the legs they take. So, put some in and see what happens. Refer to Markus' site for explanations of the different AI parking spot types. I believe that only 'ref' spots need entries in the file.But please, I'm walking unfamiliar territory here (I do planes, models and a bit of terrain). Can someone refresh us please?PS The waypoints are defined by latitude and longitude in the first part of the file. They will take whatever altitude you assign in the 'LEG' section, so it is possible to have multiple legs going through the same point at different altitudes. This is good for arranging low-level GA and Heavy traffic to follow the same inbound paths but at their own appropriate altitudes.:-waveRegards,Jon Point

Yes that's the way to do it :-)There is a full explanation with a picture in the white book at page 14 and 15. This sentence also:These altitudes are, in order: the minimum start altitude, the minimum cruise altitude, the minimum end altitude, the minimum terrain elevation altitude, and the maximum altitude.To learn about AI I have draw once the AI paths of the SanFran Region.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/186254.jpggreen paths: airport to airportred paths: airport to way point yellow path: way point to way pointto make the way points visible I have converted the coordinates of it to points of interest, take a screen shot of the map and paint the paths.The original map is about 2MB and too large for this place here :-):-waveAndre

Jon,The "0" indicates that the minimum altitude of the terrain during the flight is zero feet (in other words, SEA LEVEL).

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Feres,If you have any questions about the AI planes, then feel free to send an e-mail to the following address.....Christopher dot Low at btinternet dot comI made extensive modifications to the AI plane routes and parking spots for my Seattle and SanFran megapacks, so I should be able to help you. Please bear in mind that it's been a year or two since I used FLED, so I might be a bit "rusty" :-)

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest fu3

Chris,"The "0" indicates that the minimum altitude of the terrain during the flight is zero feet (in other words, SEA LEVEL)."Ah hah ;)Now, is that sea level (0ft=0ft) or 'FU3 Seattle sea level' (109ft=0ft)?? Either way, it makes little sense for any route to descend below it's start AND finish points. Maybe the minimum point should be set to the lowest of the 2 points? This explains a few 'undergrounders' I've seen.I created a couple of waypoints near Bandera to try and stop AI flying into the mountains. It sorta worked in the western direction, but every plane taking off East climbed in endless circles until it reached the leg altitude :-lolRegards,Jon Point