Sign in to follow this  
Guest fu3 kid

geotiles viewer

Guest fu3 kid

can someone send me the geotiles viewer because I cant access the site (or it has been removed)i mean to edit my terrain for my own airport but i can't because i have no geotiles viewer

Yes my old server is down :-(But you can get Geotilesviewer 3.4 and terrain tools from avsim herehttp://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=106901Filename: expandseattle.zipLicense: Freeware, limited distributionAdded: 17th February 2007Downloads: 56Author: Andre MeystreSize: 43806kb:-waveAndre

Guest fu3 kid

no sorry i couldnt find the geotiles viewer there.i need the one that lets me edit the landscape (in case i gave the wrong name)thanks

Do you want to paint a tile and not the elevation mesh ?The mentioned conversion package includes the tools for this also.CDPCODER.EXE,MapShuffle.exe,GenBinTile.exeZip name is : expandseattle.zipthe link was wrong,sorry - here it is: http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=98042:-waveAndre

Guest fu3 kid

can someone name a package that allows me to edit exported tiles?and i need to know where i can find the node name of geotiles to edit my landscapethanks

In your GroverAirport zip there are 3 mod filesm0acac.mod, m0adac.mod and m0aead.mod so the coverage for your airport are tiles acac,adac,aead if your Seattle region is converted to .bin then look for the files L0acac.bin, L0adac.bin and L0aead.bin in the /maps folder. You can convert this files to tga graphic using GenQuadrant. Load the .bin file and click on the green disk button to generate a file named L0.tga, rename it to the appropriated tile name.:-waveAndre

Guest fu3

"can someone name a package that allows me to edit exported tiles?and i need to know where i can find the node name of geotiles to edit my landscape"When you say 'exported tiles', do you mean TGAs or what?As to the tile names, open FLED and go to where your package is. Click on the lower-left pane and...http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/186344.jpgAlso, as Andre says, you can look in your package's 'models' folder:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/186345.jpgAs you can see from my Arlington package, it has entries in both AEAJ and AFAJ tiles. This is a better method to check tiles, as sometimes you don't realise that you have strayed onto another tile."i give up you keep mentioning files that i dont have any clue about.in here is the zip of the tiles you need, could you do it for me?i know im a noob and a pain i the rear."Really, and what do want to do with them? I assume that you want to edit them to flatten airports as that is what most people use them for. These are tiles of 'classification', not terrain or elevation. They are used to define which areas are water (blue), urban (red), non-urban (green) and flattened airport areas are done in yellow:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/186346.jpgNobody could possibly know WHAT you want to do with them! Don't 'give up', don't play the 'I'm a noob so everyone has to help me' bit, just be a little better at communicating what you need. You will get plenty of help here, but we do expect people to bother learning how to do things themselves. BTW, you can edit these tiles with nearly any 'photo' program like Gimp. PSP etc.This isn't a dig, but if you bothered searching through your files and reading old posts here, you'd know what to do. In fact, if you bothered reading the instructions in Andre's files that you downloaded already, you would also know what to do.RTFM :-lolRegards,Jon Point

Guest fu3 kid

thanks for the advice!ive sorted out my painting but i cant import it, how exactly do i sort this bit out? :-S i no im a noob and ive been told off for saying this but onec i know how to ill be needin no help at all!thanks for everyones help

Hi mad grover,You choose complicated location for the airports :-)both are crossing 2 tiles so you need to import 4 classification filescl5acac.tga and cl5adac.tga for GFDcl5adad.tga and cl5aead.tga for PGR1. put all 4 tga files into the /geos folder2. make a backup copy of the GeoTiles.tag3. run GeoTilesViewer34.exe from this folder4. click on the folder icon to open5. select node acac6. click on import calssification7. now an elevation window is opened do not change the suggested value - just click OK but remember the value !8. select node adac9. click on import calssification10. now an elevation window is opened set the elevation to the same value as acac ! click OK this is important to have the same elevation on both tiles for the airportnow repeat this for adad / aead for PGR airportagain first use the suggested value and reuse the value in the second import.The yellow area will be flat at the given elevation.you have to replace the objectsto set the airport to the new elevation, just select and move the blue square a bitIf you are not happy with the results thencopy the Geotiles.tag from your backup backmodify the yellow area to your preference and redo the job, you can try another elevation value alsoLook also here for more info how to modify elevation and use toolshttp://www.agtim.ch/fu3/fixnar.phpgood luck !:-waveAndre

Guest fu3 kid

ok something really wierd:-Si click import and the scroll bar minimizes and it just says "open tagfile" at the sideit then does something wierd with the classification and flips it round and mirrors it and thats not what i want it to do!am i doing anything wrong?or is it where my files are stored?please reply!thanks

Guest fu3 kid

ive had another ideato make it easier im gonna use just the tile cl5adae (basically a big island)i tried painting the area but the same thing happens, it just refreshes and ruins the classificationi do the area in yellow and make sure that there is no soft edges but it just ruins my work, if anyone could explain this then i would be more than happy to do anything within reasonthanks for all help so far

Do you have tried my samples ?Look at the tutorial athttp://www.agtim.ch/fu3/fixnar.phpI suppose you have transform the graphic into a 24bit one with millons of colors this will explain what you get.look at the palette of the classification tga file you will see that there are 4 colors at the top left green, blue, red and yellow you must use this colors exactly - this is a must because at import the color sequence is used as code for the classification1 green land2 blue water3 red urban area4 yellow is my own special code used in GeoTilesViewer to detect an airport, after import it is converted to red.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/186435.jpgIf you paint with other colors than the palette value at position 4 it will not worked. Just repaint and re import.good luck:-wave Andre

Guest fu3 kid

ok something is really wrong :-(even using the colour picker and importing it into mspaint wont work anymorecan anyone explain this?im gettin close to givin up nownothing is working (stressful snarl)thanks

Yes I can :-)MSPaint is killing your palette :-(Do you have GIMP ? It's a great tool and free and you can edit the classification tga without pain. It's a bit tricky until you are familiarized with but the it's very powerful.you can work with layers so you can put the map in a layer below the classification map set this to transparent and then you see the airport area below and can place the yellow pixel in a precise way.You can use MS photoedit to modify a class map. To get the right color just copy a pixel from the one I sent to you.Do you have tried the 4 maps I sent ?:-waveAndre