Sign in to follow this  
Guest flight_unlimited_3

flight unlimited 2 radio sounds

Guest flight_unlimited_3

Hi can any one tell me if it's possible to get fu2 radio sounds into fu3

Guest flight_unlimited_3

i mean the ATC sounds from fu2.i've tried exporting the atc file using resviewer and it can't open the "VCOMCONTROL" file when i power fu3 up.

Guest fu3

So, you exported some of the contents of FU2 vcomctrl.res and reimported into FU3's, or...?You cannot simply drop FU2 resfiles into FU3. For a start, there are many more airport names (like the entire Seattle region + OT). Whilst the voices may be exported/imported, the existing voice sets are required, with the individual files in the right order. If you want to replace an ATC voice saying "one", that is easy. Replacing an entire voice is hundreds of files - and the FU2 voices don't have "Easton State" or "Ranger Creek" (or dozens of others), so you would miss out on these.Please be more specific with what you are trying to do and then we can try to help ;)Regards,Jon Point

Guest flight_unlimited_3

to be more specific: e.g (my pilot voice) Trainer 5 lima golf, taxi from looking glass aviation with november. (ATC voice) Trainer 5 lima golf, taxi runway 34 left....I want to replace the ATC voices

Guest fu3

OK, so you want to replace FU3 ATC voices with those from FU2. Sorry, but that's impossible as many voices simply do not exist in FU2.You CAN replace of them - certainly the obvious ones about runway numbers, taxways and radio frequencies. That can be done, and if you have Resviewer, you already have the tools to do it.You must export the sounds you want from the FU2 ATC voice resfile, then import them back into the FU3 vcomctrl.res file i.e. open one file and export, then close and import into the other file.You can export multiple files from any resfile by using 'export-multiple' in Resviewer. To import them, you can create a script in Resviewer and use that to import them. When you export, if you choose 'convert' to get .WAV files that you can edit. You can still export/import without this, but you wouldn't be able to edit anything.Regardless of the above info, this is a big job! If you intend to replace ALL the entries for any voice, many will be missing, as I mentioned earlier.Regards,Jon Point

Guest flight_unlimited_3

ok thanks for your help.