Sign in to follow this  
Guest fu3 kid

sanfran problem

Guest fu3 kid

if some of you have been around a long time (and i know that many people have been here longer that me!) you would know that i once asked for a complete sanfran package. well ive got bored of seattle, so i want to get san fransisco on my PC.the only thing stopping me is copyright, now i never do my homework so im probably wrong here;if i could prove that i had the game, which is meant to have the san fran pack, could it be legal to send me the pack?or is that #### copyright still being arkward.if it is technically legal, who would be willing to send me the pack?i hope theres someone out there that can help me

Guest Seadog

I once offered to send you a copy in the US if you would first send me your original, legally purchased, defective copy. That got no response.Instead of trying to guess what might or might not be legal, involving others in running the same risks of possibly unlawful conduct, why not just buy a copy. It's quite cheap. For around US$10.00 plus shipping, you can get a completely legal, fully warranteed copy here:http://www.mastertronic.com/productSoldOut...roductLabelID=1By the way, "the game which is meant to have the san fran pack" is a confused description. There is no San Fran Pack, in and of itself. There is simply Flight Unlimited II, a stand alone game, the setting for which is the San Francisco Bay region. The scenery from FU II can be incorporated into FU III, if you wish, during the installation of FU III.As a retired attorney, I can tell you that, so long as someone is selling the game commercially, there is no technically legal way to furnish you with a copy. It struck me that the exchange I once offered would be so similar to a warranty replacement, that no one would sue me over it, by you never know. Since you didn't accept the offer the first time it was made, my choice is not to renew it now, but to recommend you save up $10 or $15 and buy a new copy. Sorry if that disappoints, but at least you know where you can get a trouble-free copy at a reasonable price.-Seadog

Flight Unlimited II is incredibly cheap these days. It costs

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest fu3 kid

thanks you two :-)sorry seadog but i'd much rather find one in england than ship one over from the USA.thanks il look into it over here

Guest Seadog

Hey, Kid - Now that I know you're in England, I can say that the offer to buy that I posted is free of shipping costs in your area, and the price is just UK Pounds 4.99. You can't beat that for value and security. Hurry up and get it and then take advantage of the wonderful improvements Chris alluded to in his post.-Seadog

Guest Seadog

But that requires paying shipping, unless you buy more items to raise the total purchase amount. Buying direct from Sold Out does not. -SD

Guest fu3

I got my FU2 through SoldOut in the UK. Nice people to deal with! Got it within 2 weeks - and I'm in Australia ;)Regards,Jon Point

Sold Out Software no longer stock copies of Flight Unlimited II.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Seadog

As of one minute ago, the Sold Out website lists it as in stock and available for purchase. Do you have some non-public information that contradicts that public declaration? -SD

That's very interesting, Seadog. It was Sold Out Software themselves that informed me that copies of Flight Unlimited II were no longer available. Evidently, it appears that they have changed their minds. That's very good news !I have tried telling them in the past that they should bundle FU2 and FU3 together, since running FU2 on Windows XP/Vista is a bit of a minefield.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest fu3 kid

ive discovered the problem (if this helps anyone)my geotiles have dissaprered, the "geos" directory is there but there is nothing in it!with no elavstion or sea level, it just crashesany new sparks anyone?

Guest fu3

Um, er - you've lost your 'geotiles.tag' file! It's the one that you were editing to alter airport heights (importing the yellow areas etc.). Just copy it back to the geos folder and everything will be fine ;) No other files need to be there, just geotiles.tagTip:Always use a backup folder for each mod. Sometimes, I use more than one, if there are different parts to it e.g. Bandera:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/186976.jpgYou should never use the same tagfile over and over - you'll end-up with strange spikes and holes in weird places over time :-( :-(The procedure is:1. Backup the tagfile.2. Modify it (import yellow area etc)3. Try it.4. If it's not 'ready to go', copy the backup file over the modified one and repeat from 2.You just go back to the same TGA file and modify IT again. Eventually (it always takes me 3-4 tries at least to get an airport right - sometimes 10...), it is 100% OK and you can then save the new tagfile over the backup and move on ;)Regards,Jon Point

Guest fu3 kid

no no youve misunderstood.ive edited the seattle geotiles but i have never owned the sanfran geotiles. thats the problem.but thanks for the advice about editing elevation, it could prove handy in later days to come.