Sign in to follow this  
agtim

ResViewer 2.1 beta version

A new version of ResViewer is available athttp://www.agtim.ch/fu3/ResViewer.htmlOne of the new features is the exportation of any 3D-Model to E-format.There is no size limit as with bin2e. :-)Details are here:http://www.agtim.ch/fu3/ResViewer/3DModelExport.html Jon - the plane name is working without subitem too now :-)From where did you have this res file without subitems ?The LG Fokker has subitems.:-waveAndre

Guest fu3

Andre,My LGS Fokker has no subitems! Maybe the German one is different? I can export the file and edit it with Hexedit OK. Attached are the original Fokker file (83_0) and my modified one (83_1). The name is the front part of the file.Regards,Jon Point

Hi JonVery strange, may be it's the FU2 version ?Anyway with ResViewer 2.1 you can edit both versions of planes.The Window size is OK at my computer, using 1024x768 also.I will try to store and reload user window settings for the next release.and ... your zip has bin killed :-(:-waveAndre

I just installed it. I backed up the original EXE and renamed the new one from resviewer210.exe into resviewer.exe. Without the renaming my desktop icon would have the wrong path.You've been discussing the aircraft name problem and I believe I spotted it. When I click that file I get an error message. However, when I click the "OK" box of the error message the name and the aircraft description display as intended. The two subunits of the aircraft name open with no error message. Anyway, if this is the error you've discussed it's no big deal since it does display once you accept that initial error message.The air physics part looks fine, including the e file script.Thanks / Danke sch

Hi Hans Petter,The version 2.1 will display the plane name without error when you click on the file. When you click on the subitem then you get the hex version of the data.The Fokker plane name in jon's version has no subitems !?It's the only one plane having this.Now even in this case version 2.1 will display without error.So what is the strange error message when you click on it ?:-waveAndre

Guest CaptRolo

Andre; Thanks ,much apprecieated for your dedication To keep us going foward . CaptRolo

Error #62: Error reading aircraft name file (aircraft: CLKing.res and KingAir350.res)However, these seem to be the only ones. By coincidence I tried the King Air first. Now I've run through my plnpile without spotting any further problems. What is with the King Air?Hans Petter

Thanks a lot Hans Petter,The 2 planes must have a very large name/text part.I will have to resize the buffer :-)never loaded the KingAir during the development :-):-waveAndre

Just discovered that I don't have this 2 planes.I have KingAirx.res and thats all and this one don't generate a message.:-waveAndre

Guest fu3

Andre,I just sent the sound definition stuff ;)The German Fokker IS different to the US one! I think that the US one is pretty much an FU2 plane, whereas they had to alter the aircraft description file for translation I suppose. The German aircraft have probably been compiled using different scripts.Also, the German Beechjet has 51 usable 8-bit textures whereas the US Beechjet has only 32 usable textures because many are 16-bit and are not displayed in FU3. The same files are actually there in the German resfile, but they are 8-bit, and likewise, not used. Of course, plane builders can use them though (e.g. the 747).Could the US Fokker name problem be fixed by just creating a buffer for it, say to 400 bytes or so? This would encompass the name and description file if combined. Or don't worry and just use the German one? Oh, hang on, most people have the US one and it would be nice to be able to run a script for it ;):-wave Regards,Jon Point

Andre,Lose the "a" and the final "h", and you'll have the correct spelling of "threshold" ;-)

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Thanks Chris, I just copy/paste the text from the LG scripts without check :-):-waveAndre

Guest fu3

Looks great! What I like about the new Resviewer is being able to edit something, start FU3, try it, close FU3, change etc. With manual hexfile editing - or anything to do with the flight model - it takes a lot of steps, and small changes can be hard to discern. Not any more :-jumpyI've noticed a lot of language that one hopes can only reflect the youth factor of LGS' developers, not their choices of recreation :-lol"// a seperate door to cover a specific langing gear" :-rollAnd popular message in BSP rev1 (but it's not in the JAS rev2):"James is a weiner" :-lolRegards,Jon Point