Sign in to follow this  
Guest napis

Broken 2D cockpit

Guest napis

Hi there...After 4 years I am back a want to fly the FU3.BUT...I have fresh instal of FU3 and when the 3D Acceleraton driver is ON, my 2D cockpit is broken.http://www.ivao.sk/xwing/videos/2d_cockpit.jpgCan anybody help me ?MY PC:Intel Core 2 Duo E6600, Nvidia 8800 GTS 320MB, 4GB RAM, Audigy 2 ZSWindows Vista x64, driver ver. 175.19RegardsPeter

did you applied the patch after the fresh install ?:-waveAndre

Guest napis

>did you applied the patch after the fresh install ?>>:-wave>AndreAffirm sir :-)Patch 2.0 was applied immediatly after install.BUT, I found out that when antialiasing is OFF, 2D cockpit is right.When antialiasing is ON, 2D cockpit is broken.Do anybody fly with antialiasing ON ?Because without anitialiasing the FU3 looks terrible :-)

Guest fu3

"Do anybody fly with antialiasing ON ?"Wouldn't dream of NOT doing it ;)http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/190148.jpgRun 'dxdiag.exe' and make sure everything is OK. You may also wish to try a different driver, instead of the latest one - I found this out with my old Nvidia 5700. Th driver on the original CD always worked - even when the latest one left me with weird icons and strange desktop colours.:-wave Regards,Jon Point

Guest napis

>"Do anybody fly with antialiasing ON ?">>Wouldn't dream of NOT doing it ;)>>http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/190148.jpg>>Run 'dxdiag.exe' and make sure everything is OK. >>You may also wish to try a different driver, instead of the>latest one - I found this out with my old Nvidia 5700. Th>driver on the original CD always worked - even when the latest>one left me with weird icons and strange desktop colours.>>:-wave> >Regards,>>Jon PointHi Jon...My dxdiag is OK, There is no problem and I need latest drivers, because I play other game.I have nvidia 8800GTS, not 5700. How different is beetween AA on the 8800GTS and the 5700 ?Can the nHancer help me with the problem ? I tried lot of settings in the nHancer but without success. :(It is pity, I am going back to X-Plane :(

I doubt that you need the very latest Forceware graphics drivers to play the latest games. I can't remember which ones I am using, but the graphics are perfectly fine in FU3 on my PC, and I have AA and AF set to 8x and 16x respectively.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest fu3

My reference to drivers has nothing to do with 5700 vs. 8800 (that's a joke...), it related to my experience with a different Nvidia card, whereby the original drivers always worked better than any later one I tried. Others have experienced similar issues over time ;)Does everything look fine in the external (F5-10) views with FSAA on?I use nHancer (settings for FU3 below on the 'doggy' PC) and it works OK ;)http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/190185.jpgResults below with a fairly terrible old card (5700 - I told you it was doggy...):http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/190186.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/190187.jpgOf course, I'm still running XP (32 bit) on this PC and an older driver. Looks much better on the other PC with the ATI card (which will soon become the doggy PC when this one goes out on the council strip!) So, is there anyone running an 8800 OK in FU3? I was thinking of getting one, actually :-rollRegards,Jon Point

Guest napis

>My reference to drivers has nothing to do with 5700 vs. 8800>(that's a joke...), it related to my experience with a>different Nvidia card, whereby the original drivers always>worked better than any later one I tried. Others have>experienced similar issues over time ;)>>Does everything look fine in the external (F5-10) views with>FSAA on?>Hi Jon...Thank you for screen of the nhancer, but no succes :(Yes, everythingg looks fine in the external views with FSAA on.ONLY 2D cockpit is broken with FSAA on :(

Possibly unrelated but I just noticed a flickering of the upper part of a panel. It seems to be the 3D area (as defined in Cockpit Designer) that shows in full size rather than the bottom of it being hidden behind the 2D bitmap. A general thought, is there an issue with this old sim and today's video cards / drivers? My issue is definitely not an example of this since I still use a Voodoo 5 5500 card. I did revert from an Amigamerlin driver to the standard driver a few weeks ago and that might not have been a good move. At any rate, few of you guys would have a Voodoo card these days. So, let's rephrase: When shopping for a new video card is there anything one ought to keep in mind / avoid to run FU3 properly?

Napis,I have an ATI based card, but maybe check your Vertical Sync and Refresh rate. To help my frame rates I have V.Sync set to "off" and Refresh Rate is "same as desktop". Those settings help with frame rates but can cause strange display's sometimes.Hello Hans,My mobo has an agp slot, so presently I'm running a Sapphire X1950Pro-512mb-agp. It's an ati based card. I purchased a BFG GeForce 6200oc-256mb-agp nvidia based card a long while ago to replace my v5500. I never cared for the BFG, screen was always to dark, even with using Powerstrip. So I then got a VisionTek Radeon X1600XT-256mb-agp. It rendered fog terribly in Thief 1 and 2. The Sapphire has the same fog error with the Thief series. The ATI cards also have the "lines-in-cockpit" with Flight Unlimited stock panels.You all take care,JimB

dual boot: win8.1pro64bit (primary) | win10pro64bit  | mobo: MSI Prestige x570 Creation | cpu and cooler:  AMD 5950X; Noctua NH-U12A | ram: 4each 8gb sticks of ddr4-3200 CORSAIR Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M2Z3200C16 | gpu:  nvidia RTX2070Super Founders Edition| lcd: LG 24" 4k, LG 24UD58-B

Guest napis

Ok guys...Thanks to all of you for your help.I uninstalled the FU3. Going back to the X-Plane.I bouhgt this http://www.realscenery.com/ and I am very happy.Good bye FU3 :-)

Have fun :-) X-plane is a great sim and the scenery looks stunning. Actually, I downloaded a demo and scrutinized the textures even though I don't have X-plane installed. The textures look good even up close but they seem to be hand-painted black and white images. Realscenery doesn't name the source but I assume they use some public domain satellite images. This makes sense for copyright reasons. It must have been a lot of work to reach this level of perfection with less than optimal source images. It's ironic that no commercial scenery creators seem to use the latest full color photo-textures. They rather choose to rework and enhance yesteryear's images because they are free to use them, even commercially. Hans Petter