Sign in to follow this  
Roger Over

Knock, Knock... Who's there?

Hi folks,Sure is quiet out there... everyone must be on holidays. Can't believe the last post was nearly three weeks ago. :-eek Cheers,Bruce H :-wave

Guest fu3

Oh well, WE'RE here ;)I've actually been rather busy doing WORK on weeknights, so the weekends get spent doing little apart from hiding from the cold and rain...Haven't done much flying recently either. Should pull my finger out :-lolRegards,Jon Point

It's summer time it^s garden time - minimizing computer hours :-):-wave Andre

Whew, that's a relief.I was starting to wonder if I had been inadvertently moved to a parallel universe or something. :-hah I've not had a lot of time for FU myself lately, back onto the renovations and trying to earn a living.But I am continuing to work on a little project here that I hope will see the light of day within the next couple of weeks, and will be looking for a few beta testers. More on that later...That's got you wondering eh?CheersBruce H:-wave

Guest fu3

Bruce,"I was starting to wonder if I had been inadvertently moved to a parallel universe or something"I was definitely in one for a while there...Andre's Channel Islands came out just as I'd finished a mountain of work. Then it started again...Me and my bright ideas :-hahH-PSorry I didn't respond at the time. Truth is, I haven't even looked at Agtim's server yet - I'm only just now getting around FU3 again after my 'unquiet' period. I hope it lasts for a while so I can get some things finished ;)All, Now I'm torn between what to do in FU3. I've sorta 1/4 done a lot of things - Sanfran bridges, Channel Island night lights (whoops, and Seattle too :-lol ), a plane I was playing with and Western Washington, now I have the maps for it ;) Then I really should try and get Oz going now I have the spare GBs :-rollRegards,Jon Point

Jon,Sounds a bit like my scenario. I get a "project" 95% finished, then have a bright *:-* idea and move on to something else... So many unfinished projects.I have asked that the inscription on my tombstone read "See? I finally finished something";-) Cheers :-wave Bruce H

San Francisco bridges and the Saab 340 would be my suggestion, Jon ;-)

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest CaptRolo

MotorCycle riding and outside yard work Eat up a lot of time in summer .Typical ride is 100 to 200 miles . getting 50 mpg ,at $4.00 gal. CaptRolo

Guest fu3

"Getting 50mpg" you must be on the road :-lolBikes are the best value IF you don't have to take too many chances with traffic. My old GSXR750 could get 50mpg all day at 65MPH.Pity that 65MPH is sooooo boring on a sports bike that I lost my license :-rollBut the Husky 360 is still in the garage and does real nice up the forest - at er, about 65MPT (miles per tank) or about 20MPG!PS I did get the license back but living around here is no place for road bikes...Regards,Jon Point

Guest RAF_Chalky

Hi gents,I'm still flying FU3, but what with IL2, Lock On, SilentWings, and so on, ;-) just don't get the time to regularly update :( Cheers,John:-wave[/size][/color]

Gone quiet out there again... everyone must be on holidays. :(
I've been on the road working contracts since Sep 08, so hardly any time for fun stuff. Right now in Lake Charles, La.Just recently replaced the internal hd on my personal lappy, replaced the 100g Toshiba with a 250g WD Scorpio(smooth job 'cause I also purchased Norton Ghost14), purchased X-pane9, the FSX Accel pack, a 1tb ext usb hd. Hoping for time to "play". Maybe wrap all this contract work up in May. Looking forward to tinkering with Agtims new SF expansion. You all take care,jimb

dual boot: win8.1pro64bit (primary) | win10pro64bit  | mobo: MSI Prestige x570 Creation | cpu and cooler:  AMD 5950X; Noctua NH-U12A | ram: 4each 8gb sticks of ddr4-3200 CORSAIR Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M2Z3200C16 | gpu:  nvidia RTX2070Super Founders Edition| lcd: LG 24" 4k, LG 24UD58-B

Guest CaptRolo
I've been on the road working contracts since Sep 08, so hardly any time for fun stuff. Right now in Lake Charles, La.Just recently replaced the internal hd on my personal lappy, replaced the 100g Toshiba with a 250g WD Scorpio(smooth job 'cause I also purchased Norton Ghost14), purchased X-pane9, the FSX Accel pack, a 1tb ext usb hd. Hoping for time to "play". Maybe wrap all this contract work up in May. Looking forward to tinkering with Agtims new SF expansion. You all take care,jimb
HI all ; checking in I'm flying both FU3 and X-Plane.weather warming up time for spring cleaning and my Bike prep . jimb;You'll like Xplane

HI all ; checking in I'm flying both FU3 and X-Plane.weather warming up time for spring cleaning and my Bike prep . jimb;You'll like Xplane
Yes, several of us like X-Plane :( I never figured I'd discuss other sims here...Well, I still like FU III too and I've spent a lot of time flying and enhancing a few aspects of FU III for some time now. For fixed wing aircraft (as opposed to helicopters) FU III still shines. The underlying flight model is pretty good, even by today's standards. However, it leaves something to be desired when you really push the envelope. As for FS the true ramifications of a deep stall aren't really modeled -- an unrecoverable stall won't happen no matter how hard you try. In X-Plane however...But then, one might argue that maneuvers way outside of the envelope are irrelevant. The main thing is realistic handling within the sensible range. FU III certainly models proper flight quite well.This is really a point we've made over and over again for years -- while FU III was way too resource hungry for the PCs of the late 90s we can run as it was intended to run today. The weather is fabulous. Around Y2K I couldn't really explore the full weather options since my PC wasn't able to keep up. It's such a thrill to run an old application on a state-of-the-art computer and see it, well... fly with all sliders to the right. No matter which other flightsims I use I'm going to keep cherishing this one :(