Sign in to follow this  
towerman

back to fu3

Guest fu3

"Am I right in thinking that this utility will allow me to run FU3 in 1280x1024 reolution ?"Not exactly. 1280x1024 seems to crash right now. What IS different is that the 'other' screens are rendered in 1024x768, instead of 640x480.This may not seem much use (it isn't) but in effect, we have hacked the fu3 executable to force 1024x768 as the 'native' resolution. What it means in flight is that the external images (plane and 3D scenery) are being rendered at 1024x768. Standard FU3 runs at 800x600 and is upsized to 1024x768 - hence why cockpit panel details are sharper and dials easier to read in 800x600. It seems that the cockpit views are up-sized with this mod too, but the external views are sharper. Unfortunately, this el-cheapo Nvidia makes a meal of everything and until I get a replacement for the old ATI, its not as pretty as it used to be :-roll Regards,Jon Point

Thanks for the explanation, Jon. I wasn't aware that the 1024x768 resolution mode was just a scaled up version of 800x600. I'll have to take a look at this.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Excuse me can anybody here explain step by step (let's say idiot proof) how to force the native 1024x768 resolution ? Thank you

Hopefully this will get you going. JimBhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/191829.zip

dual boot: win8.1pro64bit (primary) | win10pro64bit  | mobo: MSI Prestige x570 Creation | cpu and cooler:  AMD 5950X; Noctua NH-U12A | ram: 4each 8gb sticks of ddr4-3200 CORSAIR Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M2Z3200C16 | gpu:  nvidia RTX2070Super Founders Edition| lcd: LG 24" 4k, LG 24UD58-B