Sign in to follow this  
htfc

San Fran 2006 package

Just a quick post to thank Chris Low and Jon Point for this excellent package, it really does transform flying in the California area in FU3.For some unaccountable reason, I've only just installed this pack, maybe because I was initially daunted by the installation instructions a couple of years back[ as an IT newbie] but now find the whole process very straightforward. I note your comments Chris on the add-on package zip file re sharing our flight experiences and agree with you.I for one will try and contribute more.Can I ask if this package will work in FU2 ? I still enjoy flying the adventures in that sim and know that the whole experience would be enhanced by this add-on.Well done to you both, I dread to think of the hundreds of hours you must have spent on the project without any financial gain.Regards to all.........

Thanks for the glowing tribute, htfc :-) It was hard work, but it was worth every minute. I can't imagine flying around the SanFran region with default scenery anymore!Jon Point was responsible for the vast majority of excellent new models that you can see (one or two were provided by Robert Driscoll), and I was responsible for creating the scenery packages, and all of the preliminary work (discovering the locations of various landmarks, mapping the extensive pylon network etc). In fact, if I could work out why new pylons can only be seen from close range, I would probably EXTEND the network! Maybe Jon has an idea what the problem might be ?I don't think that scenery packages can be added to FU2, but if anyone knows differently.......I haven't used FU3 for a few months (I have been busy racing in GT Legends), but your post has persuaded me to take to the skies again, so thanks for that. I think I will leave the Beechjet in the hangar this time, and take one of the smaller planes up for a cruise (maybe the Mooney TLS Bravo). I'll be able to land at some of those small, quiet airfields in that plane.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hello Chris and thanks for your reply,I had a go at installing one of the packages [ Bonny Doon ] into FU2, together with the contents of the Gen and Models files, but this did'nt work.I am not going to mess with it anymore in case I lose the plot and make a complete ####-up of things!Not to worry, your FU3 add-on will keep me entertained ! :-) Regards

Guest fu3

Thanks for the compliments ;)I am not certain why it wouldn't work with FU2 but it's probably something pretty fundamental, like region configuration etc.To be honest, I never went back to FU2, although I did have a stand-alone version for a while - I never used it :-rollRegards,Jon Point