Sign in to follow this  
juvat

Looking for some old Attack Squadron files

Hi Folks,My hard drive that had a lot of the old Attack Squadron files stored on it failed. So I'm hoping some files could be e-mailed; or, maybe upload them to our library?I'm looking for:-Model Editing Tools that Mad Doc published-JAS mission installer (Armourdave)- Mission Editor documentation in MS Word, PDF, and Windows Help formats (Mad Doc) - Warbirds had published skins for the B24, B17, P38, P47 (I recovered his "doll" P51 skin)- Bloomers JAS Mods (New gun-sight, flak sounds, etc...)- Can't remember who, but someone had uploaded a Spitfire skin.- U4EA001 had made some really nice mp missions: Celtic Sea Control, Melee Mountain (I recovered Lightning over London, Melee II)Other than the listed, I think I've recovered everything else.Thank you,JimBjbuff61173 at msn dot com

dual boot: win8.1pro64bit (primary) | win10pro64bit  | mobo: MSI Prestige x570 Creation | cpu and cooler:  AMD 5950X; Noctua NH-U12A | ram: 4each 8gb sticks of ddr4-3200 CORSAIR Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M2Z3200C16 | gpu:  nvidia RTX2070Super Founders Edition| lcd: LG 24" 4k, LG 24UD58-B

Hi Jim,On my hard drive is still a lot of JAS zips.I will look if I have the files you want.later...:-wave Andre

OK Jim I build a zip with more than 30 files -> 22MBThis will be too much for a email so you will get this by yousentit.com hope you find most of what you lost :-):-wave Andre

Andre,You are a wonderful soul. With your file I was able to recover all but the aircraft re-skins :-jumpyThank you tons,JimB

dual boot: win8.1pro64bit (primary) | win10pro64bit  | mobo: MSI Prestige x570 Creation | cpu and cooler:  AMD 5950X; Noctua NH-U12A | ram: 4each 8gb sticks of ddr4-3200 CORSAIR Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M2Z3200C16 | gpu:  nvidia RTX2070Super Founders Edition| lcd: LG 24" 4k, LG 24UD58-B

Guest DLM

I have been looking a long time for the nuclear bomb mod. Anyone got it or even know about it ? I love JAS so i would appreciate A LOT if someone pointed me to a good place for downloads ?? (already checked AVSIM).// Danielhttp://hem.bredband.net/b159735/UDsig3.jpg

Wasn't aware of a nuke' mod, sorry. Add that to my "must have". JimB

I don't know if I set this up correctly. Here is what I hope is my public access fastmail web site for JAS. The big zip file Andre sent me under "misc", and the only skin I was able to salvage, "doll". "doll" was created by warbirds. I don't know how to contact him to see if he'll make available his P38J "beat", P38J "twin dragon", B24D "Strawberry B...." for JAS again. He also had in his "paint barn" a P47 skin, which I think he never released. He had the only site that had a tutorial on how to re-skin JAS airplanes.My moldy brain still can't remember the source of the Spit1 or Spit9 skin; maybe it was Gottedammerung. Same fella who made the 109, and 190 skins. I e-mailed him, hopefully he's still around.Andre's zip contains lots of good stuff.Be nice if U4EA001 were to drop by. He was the author of the mp missions. The old site was http://jasmissions.cjb.net/ http://juvat.jbuff61173.fastmail.fm/Janes%...ack%20Squadron/JimB

Hi Jim just sent 3 skins more for the me109 and fw190.the 190a4.zip has a 3d cockpit .bin file with 3d instruments and compatible to FU3 ! I was able to load it into my AN-2 plane.Analysis of it is started hope to find a solution to set 3d instruments in F4 view, now I just have some parts of the .bin converted to .e:-wave Andre

That's great neeewwwws.That was one of my dreams to somehow get these LG JAS planes or plane parts functional for Flt3.Ooh, boy, to figure out how to get the LG Jas contrails and smoke to function within Flt3.Flt3 aircraft have cockpit light and gear lights, yet Jas seems broken, making night landings near impossible.Flt3/2 terrain seems to have some kind of terrain illumination for night flying. ie the moon does "lite-up" the ground; yet in Jas, even with a moon in the sky the ground, runways and sky are black.(an un-pleasent to the eye work-around is to mod the Jas user.cfg. Brightest game gamma is opt_gamma 0.2500. Set to opt_gamma 0.2000 and night missions are more tolerable, but the display is disagreable.)Would be nice to have a functional "set_ambient_light xxxx" ala Thief.Or, reverse that. How does Flt3's nav map work, and can that knowledge be used to activate/repair LG Jas' broken nav map.Ah well, I know, too many probables and impossibilities.JimB

Guest fu3

Sorry for my lack of knowledge here (never had JAS - spent too much time with FU3 and I never did the Thief series...), but 2 things have popped-up recently - the display resolution mods from Thief, and the 3D cockpit instruments from JAS.Wish I'd spent more time on other things now :-rollBut then, I wouldn't have had so much fun doing what I have ;)It seems that we could 'meld' together features of these programs for some good advantage. Undoing some of the limitations of aircraft resfiles would be nice. I know that a few others have worked at getting FU3 stuff into 'other' software and vice versa, but tricking with FU3 is more interesting.What are JAS clouds like? Regards,Jon Point

JAS clouds. Well, there are none actually. One of the things that are broken. When creating a new mis in the editor, cloud bank and cloud coverage settings are available. If you want to manually place a cloud in the sky, that is also possible. However, no clouds are ever visible. Example, properties of a cloud is cloud7.bin. If the whole Jas folder is searched, the model is not there. There is also an option to create a cloud bank, and it also uses cloud7.bin.What is functioning are haze and sparse clouds.JimB

Guest fu3

Could the binfiles be stored inside a compressed binary, like a tagfile or resfile? I don't know the folder structure of JAS, but have you tried putting a 'cloud7.bin' file in a resource folder? Any (large) model would do - like a white cube etc.If so, we could rename an exported FU3 cloud model, maybe?Regards,Jon Point

Hi Jon,Jas stores it's model resources in one huge .crf file:x:Program FilesXicatJane's Attack Squadrondatatheatereuropemodels.crf.crf is nothing more than a zip file so most file compression programs can unzip it.Method is: create a new folder under "europe". Name new folder "models". Unzip models.crf into the new models folder. Remove/ hide the original models.crf to prevent JAS from using it by preference.The models folder contains .bin, textures in .tga 16bit(it seems Jas relies heavily on masks"), the flight physics in .txt, ai info in ai.bin, sounds in .wav.Because the damage model is extremely detailed, complex models can have 100+ individual .bins and their own textures.The developers naming a cloud,cloud7.bin tells me there was intended to be multiple cloud models. I e-mailed you FW190e4 so you can see it layed out in detail.Here are screen shots of the editor looking at the "cloud" info. JimB

Well,I exported the Flt3 file 108 and textures 26,27,28,29. Converted to Jas version using the Jas tools. Looks odd in the Jas viewer. Parts of it are missing. Put into Jas anyway and into a new mis I made for cloud test, and it doesn't show. Ah well, I tried to be a modeler.JimB