Sign in to follow this  
htfc

Hennie Van Rooyen's New rain sound for FU3

Afternoon to all ,I've downloaded resviewer to enable me to install Hennie van Rooyen's 'new' rain sound for FU3[available in the library].I've always found the default one annoying as it sounds like a tumble drier full of cutlery !When trying to install the .wav files I keep getting a message stating "newrain.rvs does not exist or is in use with another application".Anybody else use this file , and if so, have they had problems?I understand Hennie is no longer involved with FU3, so I don't want to bother sending an E-mail- I'm sure I'm missing something basic, but I followed the install instructions to the letter.Regards to all, particularly Chris Low and Jon Point - I keep finding something new scattered around California every time I fly now! :)

Keep the working folder path short and on a 8.3 name base.example: C:resviewerInside ResViewer a 16Bit Zip/Unzip utility is used that can't handle large name, so do not place it in the todays myfolder area of windows then this path is too long for the compress step.:wave Andre

There are well over two hundred scenery packages in SanFran 2006, and that doesn't include all of those electricity pylons. Actually, following those pylons is a good way to see a few new landmarks, since there are quite a few electrical substations located along the network.In addition, if you haven't flown low over the Altamont Pass already, then fly east along the line of large pylons that pass to the south of Livermore Municipal, and head towards Byron Municipal. You will see Meadowlark Field to your right, and then shortly after you reach the hills, you will encounter a few wind turbines....Well, when I say a few, I mean a couple of hundred. Jon Point created some beautiful models of wind turbines for this scenery pack, and whilst the blades don't turn, it's still awesome to see so many wind turbines in close proximity to each other. I have seen the real Altamont Pass wind turbines myself (back in October 1995), and there are about five thousand of them!!There is another group of wind turbines in the SanFran region, but I'll let you discover them for yourself, together with all of the radio towers, water towers, water tanks, fire lookout towers, oil terminals, marinas, ports, breakwaters, electrical substations, lighthouses.......I tried flying the Mooney TLS Bravo the other night, but it just isn't as much fun as flying the Beechjet. Soneone told me once that as soon as I had moved up to the Beechjet, I wouldn't look back, and he was right! I took a short flight in it from Alameda NAS to Palo Alto a couple of days ago, and I enjoyed it very much. Actually, I would have enjoyed it even more if there had been a better model of the Dumbarton road bridge (and a decent model of the old rail bridge), but that's a story for another day ;-)

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hi Chris,Altamount bound tonight it is then!I agree with you re the Beeechjet, great to fly.Incidentally, prior to the San Fran pack install, I don't recall Crissy Army Airfield being a default airfield.......then the penny dropped......nice work !P.S. do you have the new rain sound pack installed, and if so,did you have install problems ?Regards.:-)

Thanks Andre,I have done as you suggest, but still get the same failure message.This despite copying resviewer to C drive and also the required sound file.I will e-mail Gideon Pertsov in an attempt to solve the problem.Regards htfc:)

I don't have the rain sound pack installed, so I can't help you with that.As for Crissy Army Airfield not being a default airfield, are you aware that there are three more new additions to the airport list ? These are Scotts Valley (just east of Bonny Doon Village), Pope Valley (just north of Parrett), and Hamilton AFB (between Marin County and Gnoss Field). I am particularly pleased with Hamilton, since that huge piece of tarmac was just begging to be upgraded to a fully operational airport. My version is a hybrid of military base and private airfield (the military part is south of the runway where the hangars are, and the private planes operate from the area north of the runway). You will see a nice mix of small planes, business jets, airliners, military fighters and cargo planes operating from here, and it is fully tower controlled.It's also worth noting that I have split Oakland airport into two separate pieces. The northern section is now designated as Oakland National, and the two parallel runways are the ones that you would normally operate from. Oakland International is now a separate airport, and this enables you to use the long runway (11/29), which is particularly useful if you want to fly the Boeing 747!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

CHRIS,You have given me enough new places to explore to keep me busy for a while, thanks again !Incidentally, I've finally succeeded in importing the rainsound file with resviewer- it obviously requires both the .rvs file and the .wav file to work, I interpreted Hennie's instructions too literally.To anybody considering using the new sound, it is worth it if you like to fly in 'iffy' weather from time to time !Regards :)