Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Psycho Pianist

40 Minute Corporate Shuttle Challenge

Guest The Psycho Pianist

I can do Renton to Boeing Field, then on to Seatac but when I get there I cannot find where the Looking Glass Aviation building/hangar/plane is. Can someone direct me to where to park or taxi to once I land at Seatac? :)

I can't remember the original parking spot at SeaTac (I upgraded all of the large airports years ago; check out my Seattle 2005 pack), but the easy way to find it is to start a flight from the airport. That will show you the location of the Looking Glass Aviation parking spot.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest The Psycho Pianist

>I can't remember the original parking spot at SeaTac (I>upgraded all of the large airports years ago; check out my>Seattle 2005 pack), but the easy way to find it is to start a>flight from the airport. That will show you the location of>the Looking Glass Aviation parking spot.>I'm not getting you. How will starting a fliht from the airport show me the location? Is there no map of the airport I can look at? :-hmmm

Guest Aeroflop

You don't need to look for it. Just land, contact SeaTac Ground on 121.7, then press your space bar and select the 'Clear of the runway taxi to..' option. The Ground Controller with then give you instructions. Press Alt&F12 and you'll see a green line - just follow it and it'll take you straight to the parking spot.

Do you want to know the LOCATION of the parking spot at SeaTac? If so......If you start a quick flight from SeaTac airport, you will be positioned at the Looking Glass Aviation parking spot. That is where you need to taxi to when you have landed at SeaTac during the "Corporate Shuttle" challenge....or do you want to know WHAT TO DO at SeaTac airport when you have landed? If so.....When you have cleared the runway (turned off onto a taxiway), the tower controller will instruct you to contact ground control on the relevant frequency. Switch to that frequency, and ask for directions to the Looking Glass Aviation parking spot.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest The Psycho Pianist

>Do you want to know the LOCATION of the parking spot at>SeaTac? If so......>>If you start a quick flight from SeaTac airport, you will be>positioned at the Looking Glass Aviation parking spot. That is>where you need to taxi to when you have landed at SeaTac>during the "Corporate Shuttle" challenge.>>>...or do you want to know WHAT TO DO at SeaTac airport when>you have landed? If so.....>>When you have cleared the runway (turned off onto a taxiway),>the tower controller will instruct you to contact ground>control on the relevant frequency. Switch to that frequency,>and ask for directions to the Looking Glass Aviation parking>spot.>Ah, I get you now. I didn't know that the default position was the Looking Glass Aviation Building. Thanks Aeroflop also :D

I haven't run this challenge in a while, maybe this will help though:Once you taxi off the active, switch to ground control, let them know your clear of the runway, they'll give you the taxi and parking instructions. Hit "alt + F12" and you should get a green line that you follow all the way to your parking spot. Easier to follow the line with taxi view, "F8". Zoom the view in/out with the "z/ x" keys.JimB

dual boot: win8.1pro64bit (primary) | win10pro64bit  | mobo: MSI Prestige x570 Creation | cpu and cooler:  AMD 5950X; Noctua NH-U12A | ram: 4each 8gb sticks of ddr4-3200 CORSAIR Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M2Z3200C16 | gpu:  nvidia RTX2070Super Founders Edition| lcd: LG 24" 4k, LG 24UD58-B

Guest The Psycho Pianist

It does say "Your radio is not operative" though...? I have now managed to do it, but I can't work out how to make the radio work :(

Turn the radio on, than set the frequency for the ground.