Sign in to follow this  
Roger Over

A new toy for FU - GPS and moving map

Hi Robert,"Most of what you're doing is too complex for me" - I think you heavily discount the contribution you have made to the FU community. The models you have built for UKS are a great asset! Keep 'em rolling.I don't think any one "job" within the FU world is all that complex. Just requires breaking down into smaller more manageable tasks, and getting a system working. I'm sure you have found that to be the case with your models. I have never built a model, and wonder at the complexity of it all, and how folks do it.Probably programming to build tools is the most complex job, not to be taken on without some experience with the different languages, and knowledge of file structures etc.For me, the GELink moving map is not as important as the GPS functions, which add flying blind etc functionality to all the FU fleet. But the map is interesting, because the detail is in most cases far better than the FU base scenery, and it adds another dimension to the flight experience. "Oh? Those blobs down there are actually ships tied up at a wharf"Any 'ow. Cheers! :-wave Bruce H

Guest R_Driscoll

Sounds good! The more you know about where you're flying the better, and your imagination supplies the rest.