Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Robert_S

I am back!

After two years and three months in many hospitals and nursing homes in the Los Angeles area, I am finally home again. But home is no longer southern California, as I am now a resident of Oregon. From suburbia to a forest, it is glorious.I did not expect to still be listed as a moderator here. Thank you, AVSIM.It has been so long since I've used a computer that I feel like a novice. I am currently using a Sony laptop that was given to me, and have no sims available. My old computer is "out in the barn", probably dead. I will start from scratch here after I get settled in.Greetings to all my old friends here! I hope some are still around.[table][tr][td valign=top]http://www.avsim.com/other/usaribbon.gif[/td][td valign=center]Bob "FlyBert" StilesAVSIM Moderator[/b][/td][/tr][/table]"Don't stall on me, I have to soar!"~Richard Harvey, 1/21/2003

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Welcome back fellow Norwegian :-)I gather you never liked the hustle and bustle of LA. Countryside Oregon may be a better place to call home. Once you have a decent computer again we might help you get FU3 back the way it was without having to reinstall everything from scratch.

>Welcome back fellow Norwegian :-)Greetings, Hans Petter! I plan on hanging a Norwegian flag on this house. It reminds me of my mother, who has been gone over three years now.>Once you have a decent computer again we might help you get FU3>back the way it was without having to reinstall everything>from scratch.FSX looks pretty good and I'll probably nab it, but I'll always be a Flight Unlimited fan.[table][tr][td valign=top]http://www.avsim.com/other/usaribbon.gif[/td][td valign=center]Bob "FlyBert" StilesAVSIM Moderator[/b][/td][/tr][/table]"Don't stall on me, I have to soar!"~Richard Harvey, 1/21/2003

Is that you, Bob? Really you?You have been missed and it is very good to see you around here again. Welcome back.Best regards.Luis

Welcome back. Half the fun is rebuilding (I keep telling myself this after every disk crash). Hopefully you'll be back flying in no time.One thing confused me, what's this 'FSX' thing? Is there another flight sim out there? ;-) Cheers,Robert.

Hello Bob.Good to see you back.I am also a fellow "Norwegian", and wish you a good return to the flightsim. community.I am also a great fan of the Flight unlimited series, and I am logged on when I have some spare times.Good to see you back in here.Take care.Best gegards.Lars Peter.:-wave

Really nice to see the "Flybert" signature block again !Welcome back!Dave H. - PP99 (although I do have a older FU disk around that I could never get running - maybe I'll try it again!)

Welcome back, Bob :-waveGlad you're all sorted. Oregon, eh? Which part?Guess it brings bush flying closer to home :-lolRegards,Jon Point

>Welcome back. Half the fun is rebuilding (I keep telling>myself this after every disk crash). Hopefully you'll be back>flying in no time.Well, it won't be on this laptop, that's for sure. But a new system is "soon".>One thing confused me, what's this 'FSX' thing? Is there>another flight sim out there? ;-)So rumour has it. :-) And from looking at the preview videos on the net, it looks pretty good. Does anyone know if the air racing part works well?[table][tr][td valign=top]http://www.avsim.com/other/usaribbon.gif[/td][td valign=center]Bob "FlyBert" StilesAVSIM Moderator[/b][/td][/tr][/table]"Don't stall on me, I have to soar!"~Richard Harvey, 1/21/2003

Hello Lars Peter!Always good to hear from a fellow Norwegian. Well, I'm only half Norwegian technically, but in my heart I'm 100%. (Actually, the other half is British, just across the water.)[table][tr][td valign=top]http://www.avsim.com/other/usaribbon.gif[/td][td valign=center]Bob "FlyBert" StilesAVSIM Moderator[/b][/td][/tr][/table]"Don't stall on me, I have to soar!"~Richard Harvey, 1/21/2003

Hello Jon!My mailing address is Damascus, but I'm actually closer to Gresham, which is about 15 miles east of Portland. And though I can't see it due to trees and hills, Mount Hood is just east of here. And "bush"? I'm living in a forest, with no visible neighbors. It is glorious![table][tr][td valign=top]http://www.avsim.com/other/usaribbon.gif[/td][td valign=center]Bob "FlyBert" StilesAVSIM Moderator[/b][/td][/tr][/table]"Don't stall on me, I have to soar!"~Richard Harvey, 1/21/2003

Welcome back, Bob You will find a lot of new stuff here :-):-wave Andre

Welcome Back Bob;I would love to be in Oregon .Beautiful country.When you get time to fly with us again ,see you in the sky.CaptRolo

Very good to see you back, Bob! Wish you all the best in your new place.Even though FSX is oustanding, especially with certain addons, I am now planning to install FU3 on my Vista machine, for nostalgia sake and for the rain effects ;-). FSX still hasn't gotten the rain right! Hope FU3 will run OK on Vista.Best regards to all FU3'ers :-wave

Hello "Rainman", nice to see you too :-)I'm running FU3 under Vista and it works brilliantly. The only complication is that you may have a problem installing it from the disks. The easiest approach is to copy the entire sim unto a portable drive and transfer it. Obviously, a prerequisite for doing so will be that you do have FU3 installed on another PC.Hans Petter

Hey, thanks Hans; appreciate the install hint. I'll try first the disks; if not, I'll follow your suggestion.FlyInRain :)