Sign in to follow this  
Guest fu3 kid

new airport

Guest fu3 kid

i have finished my new airport, this is 2 days of fled work, still to come are the AI plan and Airspace, i will have these done at some pointif anyonwe has the Green leisure park (my old airport) delete it, as this is a replacement, far better than the old green leisure parkany suggestyions or questions please ask here

Guest R_Driscoll

Any pics? Where is it located?

Guest R_Driscoll

If you had any pics of the real airport I'd be happy to make one or two of the buildings for you.

Guest fu3

"If you had any pics of the real airport I'd be happy to make one or two of the buildings for you.":-lol :-lolIt's an ammunition storage facility and also a submarine base...Officially known as "Strategic Weapons Facility, Pacific" (or SWFPAC) it is also the Trident SSN base for the Pacific Northwest.http://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/facility/bangor.htmThe rows of what look like parking spots are storage bunkers (i.e. underground) - you're looking at the entrances. The runway/taxiway-looking bits are roads. There are also 7 miles of railway lines in there too! Enter from "Trigger Ave", west off I-3, just North of NE Waaga Way ;)Trigger Avenue :-lolRegards,Jon PointVK2JDP

Guest R_Driscoll

Oh.Well best not then. Last time I tried to make a missile it blew up when I was pouring fulminate of mercury into the firing mechanism. Don't know why. Maybe I shouldn't have tried to put the cap on with the sledgehammer, or maybe the old oxy-acetylene was a bit close. I think I'll leave you to your bunker work.Some existing models though: the San Fran submarine, aircraft carriers, the Boscombe Downs bunkers, agtim's fighter models (many) and the SR-71 model.

Guest fu3 kid

i had no idea what was there, i just know that its roughtly level, looks like it can be an airport and so i made one there.if anyone would like to build a terminal looking building please do

Guest fu3

Hey, that's OK ;)I thought it was some psuedo-secret military strip for ages - I could imagine F18s hiding in those bunkers.Local topo maps just called it a 'Military Facility', which seemed to fit the idea until Google Earth came along. Now that we have been able to look closely at it, it turns out to be an ammuintion storage facility & subbase.I think I'd prefer the idea of a secret airbase - FU3 water has no transparency and you can't see anything from a sub ;)Regards,Jon Point