Sign in to follow this  
LuisFelizTirado

Rate me!

So, what is that all about? I cannot imagine why anyone would want to be rated on an anonymous forum on the internet. Can't wait to try it out with Larry.Happy to see that Scott can make it in here occasionally. Hope all is well with you, Scott. Don't they give you any r and r?This forum is obviously an American invention. I do not mean to say that it is fast and modern and efficient and easy to use, although it is all of that. But, it will not accept the accent in my name, F

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Luis, there are other versions of this forum system in different languages. Send us $49.00 to add the other language version, and we will be happy to put your language version up, where you can most likely use the real spelling of your name. But, you'll probably be pretty lonely in there. :-lolSorry, couldn't resist, and yeah, this is a super system, but most assuredly American in design (and I am working my durndest to Americanize it even more!!! :-) )

>So, what is that all about? I cannot imagine why anyone would want to be rated on an anonymous forum .....Hi Luis, Well, the ratings could be ok. Since I'm guilty of a lot of picture postings, if I get rated low,I'd know they weren't of much entertainment value to people, and could waste my time on other things. :-lolDan Pursel

I thought ratings went out with American Bandstand. I'll just leave that option block unticked.:-erks I would not mind trading off the rating system for Brother Luis's special emoticon. I'll have one too if you're getting up.....Doc Bryant

>I thought ratings went out with American Bandstand. :-erksDoc, I think Luis, you, and I in this thread get about an 84,but only because the beat is danceable. :-jumpyDan Pursel

Dan:In rating music, I prefer to remember a radio station that would play new music, and if it did not meet their exacting standards, out the window the offender would go, chased by a double gun's worth of 7 1/2 shot. They later changed their methodology of destruction due to the difficulty of potting a well flung 45 rpm. That was their reasoning. Managements reasoning of not wishing to replace neighbors' window panes did not enter into it, I am told.Try this test at home. If you can find a 45 rpm, have Junior sky it outbound with a snap wrist underhand throw. You had better be quick with your Perazzi MX or Browning BT-100. See how difficult it is? Now, to get Junior to stop laughing at the neat furrow you dug down range, offer to toss for him a White Rock clay pigeon target on roughly the same trajectory. While he's busy loading the gun, substitute a steel fake White Rock. Fling it. And laugh as his shot as no effect. Tell him it takes much practice.:-lol Doc Bryant

>Try this test at home. If you can find a 45 rpm, have Junior sky it outbound with a snap wrist underhand throw.Nope, won't work. "Junior" is 37, left home at 17 to find mild fame & even less fortune in Hollywood.His cartoon stories were nominated for Emmys twice, but lost both times to The Simpsons. :-(> ... substitute a steel fake White Rock. Fling it. And laugh as his shot as no effect. Tell him it takes much practice.:-lol >Doc Bryant Apparently, we have similar perverse minds. Here's my shotgun story.I grew up western Nebraska with huge cattle ranches with wide-open spaces and long shots on ducks after flushing them from potholes or river bends. I had a mail-order Winchester Model 12 pump with a 30" barrel and full-choke, to reach out and touch Donald and Daffy's buddies when they turned into the wind about 50-60 yards out.I went to work in Michigan, all dense woods and ravines, more hunters than game, nothing but close-in shots. As the first season approached, the neighbor kid and his buddy were practicing down by the lake with a blue rock hand-thrower. I got the 12 and box of 7's leftover from pheasants and grouse, our mid-day diversion from jump-shooting ducks.I asked if I could shoot a few, and they said sure. I said,"what do you have", and they said "20 gauge, modified choke".I said, "Well, this's a twelve, so you might want to throw them just a little bit farther out". They tried to hide their grins.Dave's kid threw four which I pulverized just before they hit the water. His buddy was quite a bit bigger, and said "give me that damn thing". He nearly tore his arm out of the socket. Again, I waited as long as I could. I said, "Well, that's 15 of 15,got to save some for hunting, thanks for the practice. They told Dave the new neighbor was a "some kind of shot".So, the next weekend Dave was over, and I told him the story over beers.He never told the kids if they had thown them short and high I'd probably missed a bunch 'cause of the tight pattern. :-lolDan PurselPS, the next year the gun went as partial trade on a racing motorcycle to start "my career". :-(I've never let go of a gun again, and never will. There will be some great deals at my estate sale.:-lol

Dan:I stay far away from the shotgun crowd at my local hangout. When they wheel out the Perazzi's and similar ilk, I know they don't spend their free time on yard work. And the stories they bring back from pigeon shoots warn me that I would be their next pigeon. The only shotgun I have now is a vent rib Remington 870 12 ga. that some one chopped the barrel down to the limit of respectability. Clearly, not a weapon to compete in their league.But when they decide to see what they can do with handguns, I try to put on my poker face. I had to qualify a few weeks ago with side arm at the same time some of these folks did their rounds. At the last minute, I switched from a Para Ordnance p-14-45 ACP to a P-12 which has a much shorter barrel (uniform weapon to back up weapon). I shot 246 out of 250, tieing the score of the Spec Forces hotshot who was using a 357 Sig. The Rangemaster was doubled over in laughter when he tallied the scores and verified what guns were used. It got worse when the hotshot was asked how long he had been using the Sig. 5 years was his answer. Mine was, "Oh I got it a few weeks ago. This is the second time I have shot it.":-lol The Army paid for many cigars and beers that night.Doc Bryant

> ... I shot 246 out of 250, tieing the score of the Spec Forces hotshot who was using a 357 Sig.> ... It got worse when the hotshot was asked how long he had been using the Sig. 5 years was his answer.> Mine was, "Oh I got it a few weeks ago. This is the second time I have shot it." :-lol >The Army paid for many cigars and beers that night. Well Doc, don't you just love it when someone with "the best stuff" and an ego to match gets one strapped on? :-lolWhen I was motocross racing (at the state amateur level) we called these guys "profilers".As to handguns, yeah, I love them, but will NEVER scare ANYONE with my scores at the range. I did qualify to carry one.I usually carry only when hiking with the dog (or wife) in lion country.I know I can outrun my wife, but it would be a total disaster to try and do my own laundry. :-lol Dan Pursel

Well, my story isn't quite as dramatic, but my hubby (when I had one) decided that target shooting might be something we could do together. I had no objections, so one day we went down to a local pawn shop/shooting range (what a combination!! :-erks ) Anyway he bought me a little .22 revolver -- he knew I wouldn't want anything with a "kick". We got our targets, ammo, earplugs (headphones... whatever) and went into the range. I had never shot any kind of gun before and got something like 3 or 4 bullseyes and at least hit the target with each shot. We turned our stuff in, and hubby told the clerk about my shooting. He looked at my target and looked at my husband and said "You better not make her mad." :-lol I know....not a match for Doc's story but I felt pretty good anyway. :-cool -Lindy :-wave

Lindy:I have learned long ago, taking a woman shooting is a prescription for disaster.A friend's daughter was once a "pill roller" for a phamaceutical company. They were invited to a dove hunt. She went, and outshot everyone else there. Much hard feelings abounded that night at the ranch house, until she offered to teach anyone who wanted to learn. Right after that she added her father was a noted US ###### and trap champion.I also found tennis to be the same trouble area. That was the clue to my becoming happily single.Doc Bryant

Tom, you are a great guy, and I really like you, but you are a lousy airplane designer. Do you really expect anyone to buy that wreck that you are advertising? And don't expect me to believe that it has recently had a major overhaul.I had read the weepy comments by the people who complained that they had to use their real names as their alias. So sad, and tragic - just imagine if some looney could now identify them and go to their house and murder them! Forgive me, but I just could not resist poking some gentle fun at such silliness.Best regards.LuisBy the way, has the smiley collection gotten larger? There seem to be a whole lot more than I remember from a few days ago. Or do they reproduce amongst themselves? A chilling thought - soon the smileys will crowd us normal folk out.

Luis, yes, the little buggers are multiplying as we speak. :) We won't go into the name thing... I had my fill of that subject for a month or two.As for my airplane... you just don't know quality when you see it. Frame rates are very high and NO stutters! :-lol

I know I can outrun my wife, but it would be a total disaster to try and do my own laundry. Dan:You need to learn the "Uncle Doc High Efficiency Laundry System"Here- I will teach it to you.Rule 1. Simplify.Rule 2. The Washer is now the dirty clothes hamper.Rule 3. The Dryer is now the closet and chest of drawers.Rule 4. If it is too difficult to wash/dry, then discard it.Rule 5. When the dryer is empty, wash.Rule 6. All clothes, cold water regular cycle. If they do not get clean, consider a uniform service at work, or a change of jobs.Rule 7. In case of any dispute over rules, Rule 1 has priority.Life is so much less complex now.People ask you about your wrinkled shirt. You say, "Actually it's spandex, and it is faithfully reproducing the contours of my body. Wanna see?" That question never gets asked again.Use these handy rules and see how much easier your life becomes. And if you need more clothes and laundry simplification, consider a nudist camp in the Southern Climes.Doc Bryant :+

Geez, I believe in simplifying also, but Doc, you have reached levels of simplification I've not even dreamed of yet. :-lol

Scott,I will admit in this forum what some might have surmised, I work hard at doing as little as possible.Doc Bryant

This thread has now officially turned into a flame. Wonderful, my first ever. I do believe that I shall celebrate in some ebullient manner.Of course, the target of the flamethrower, as you have all realized, is the growing number of smiley faces giggling at every word that I write.Getting hot in here.Best regards.LuisYes, I DO NOT wish to use emotion icons in my message(or is that, no, I do not wish. English mavens, your counsel, please.)

My dear Doc,I am a firm believer in your method. But, the acronym is not the most felicitous - UDHELS. We need something snappy that the masses can get a hold of and hum at work. Best regards.Luis

Doc, please write a book on the subject entitled "Management for the Millenium"; you will make millions with the next great management tome. When the staff weenies at my company get ahold of it and adopt it as the "next great management philosophy", at least they will be working hard at something!!! :-lol

Luis,Like you, I find it incredulous that people do/did use false names. I have been protesting for years (after all I value my privacy too) but Tom and Scott and others would politely shoo me off. I guess maybe they decided it was not such an unreasonable request after all....... ;-) Meekal

Meekal, we do try to accomodate. It just took us a while in this case, and the jury is still out on whether we achieved what we set out to do. After all, how do I know "Joe Smith" is really Joe Smith in the registry. I guess at some point you just accept that a small percentage will never abide by simple guidelines and that sooner or later, we will weed them out. :)

Luis:Bachelor Automatic Laundry Lightning System?Doc BryantAs far as correcting your English-as long as you avoid double negatives, and other obvious faults, fire away. Remember, simplfy..."I prefer not to use emoticons."To which I say, no problem Brother Luis, I will use them for you.Can we have one of the smiley face dropping trou?Doc Bryant :+

Tom:I still haven't finished my first book. Your management screed will have to follow it.And if your staffers follow the BALLS simplification system, your office, like my house, will suddenly have a higher weenie count.And even dangling participles too.Doc Bryant :+

Luis,I think Tom simply spent all his money on the new server, and now cannot afford the upkeep the old bird. And $49 for new language software is obviously an inflated price to help him pay the electric on the new machine. heheRonAHello to all the old (and new) PP gang. I finally got around to jumping over to the new forums. Not bad, Tom. You run a nice establishment. I know another forum or two who could learn alot from this place.