Sign in to follow this  
Jerry_K_Thorne

ROLL CALL!!

OK, Troops! Fall in and sound off!After seeing a hint about this in a post down below, maybe we all should check in here. Lurk mode off! Step up and be counted.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN.(Still in Portugal, return trip in sight for Tuesday, March 19th.)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I see we have had three lurkers without posting already. Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN. :-(

All right!! all right!!! I confess!! I lurked...... so sue me!! :-lol Hi Jerry. :-wave As some of you may know, I transcribe for a doctor. And am seriously behind in my work (long story). He's suddenly decided that I should leave the old tapes and work on the recent stuff first. He thinks I'm going to get every tape I pick up done in 24 hours -- poor deluded person. Anyway, I've been working hard all day typing, so haven't really had an opportunity to do much more than stop in here, lurk, read the messages, and leave. Not much of an excuse, I know, but it will have to do. :-cool -Lindy :-wave

OK, like Lindy, I also confess to lurking! And (don't tell anyone).....playing with train simulators. There! I've said it, and I feel much better.Present, and accounted for, Sir! (What, no trade shows this week?)Ron A

I be here now. :-cool From the land of the Sun (and blowing dust)cough cough.Cap'n Tall

Sorry Lt.Was at Sick Call with Brother Maynard this morning. Nothing serious, just a yearly check up. Then ordered some lights and siren stuff, and delivered some for a friend. You know how time flies when you are playing with toys. Then went to the opening of a new eating establishment. Sat around with the staff and management, sampling foods. That would have gone better had we had a decent Shiraz to wash it down. :-roll So I made do with a double maduro double corona.Oh, then nap time, and off to dinner at 2030 hrs. followed by a few cigars at the club till closing.Fed the dog upon arrival at the home drome (Chicken Scallopini and a stuffed mushroom or two, he's celebrating losing six pounds!), got another cigar and decided to work on a malfunctioning IE6. Which is still malfunctioning. Oh well, new computer comes next week. Doc Bryant :+ The new machine, replacing the cow, which has been on back up status since the arrival of the Electron Leviathan in Sept 01 is equipped with512 meg of DDR ram (EL goes to 1 gig as running upgrade)Voodoo 5500 video card (are they ever getting scarce)80 gig Western Digital HDSony DVD-rom KR-7 Raid MoboAlthon 1.4 T-bird.Alum. 3/4 tower caseEnermax PS4 fansThis machine will have the full install of PP99, and the EL gets Train Sim and Trainz as soon as I can snag a copy. :-jumpy

Well, you may have noticed me around. I am the guy with too much free time. The mangos have flowered late this year and, as all the mandarin oranges are gone, as are the avocados (or is that avocadoes? I feel like a candidate for the vice-presidency!) I have a little free time. When we are not having a blackout, I put the computer to good use, and hope to witness the birth of some more smiley babies.Jerry, you can be moderator of this forum all the way from Portugal, if Meekal is suffering from terminal overwork, but please give us a report on the conditions of your stay. Are you getting out some? I guess it is still too cold to go watch the topless girls at the beach at Cascais, but have you gone to a fado bar?Have a nice day.Luis

I'll never forget the time I took my four-legged beast in for her annual checkup. They started to take her temperature in the usual spot. She, shall we say, inhaled deeply, and the thermometer disappeared entirely for an hour or two. Immediate mental images of glass shards and liquid mercury sloshing around up there. Some anxious moments until it showed up again, intact.BTW, I'm here.Dan

As for the number of replies versus the total number of reads, somebody is definitely lurking or just over-clicking.Acknowledements for all the posts in the past 24 hours:Lindy, you are forgiven. You are being productive at home and that is the best place to do your best work. Thank you.Ron, no trade shows for me this week. I am with a real live customer and installing the first Narad Broadband Access Network in Europe down here in Portugal.Dan, I could almost hear your snappy salute with that reply.Bob, you qualify for the Lindy Award with that smiley you have there.Ah, the BIG RED piloto doth check in! Welcome aboard Cap'n Tall!Geof, with an RV underconstruction, you are permitted to Lurk since you are probably focused on quality control issues and airframe assembly.Ted, nice to see Canada represented. I wonder what happened to our Australian friends?Doc: What's with the IE6 issues? Having trouble with any JPG or GIF displaying badly or the dreaded RED X instead?Dan Nelson...What's your hometown son?Private Allensworth! Your name is NOT "here"! (That really happened in 1968 on my first day in Army basic training! More about that later in another post!)Luis! Glad to hear someone is keeping Paradise under control. Back to duty trooper!JOE! Keep that thing under control!Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN. :-luke (Portugal tour should be ending on 3/19/2002.)